The 88 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 88 Lincoln Town Car

Well i decided to finally make this page.

The Car:
    It is a 1988 Town Car, blue cloth(i'm searching for leather), Blue top, and a light blue exterior. 99k miles.

The Good:
    No frame rust
    Body is in good condition except doors
    New sway bar endlinks!

The Bad:
    Transmission is only a 2spd
    Windsheild
    heater core
    the radio
    left rear window
    Thermal Blower lockout, no floor
    The doors have rust
    Motor leaks anti freeze
    Doesnt have a 5.0 HO yet.
    Cracked dash and door panels

Picked it up for $650 bucks and is now my project

needs to be cleaned:

Clean underneath!

Cracked door panels...

Rust.....

Bent trim

This needs to be fixed

really dirty engine. The idiot before me put dexcool in it. It EXPLODED EVERYWHERE.

New swaybar endlinks!

The Max, A road cone holding up the hood of the towny(need to get some hood struts) and the hhr hiding in the background.

This is going to be my long term project. I like to take lots of pics so dont worry about that!
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
    2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
    1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Thats a Signature too. You're not finding better seats than what you have. The leather really sucks in these. Most of the time its horribly cracked and looks really shitty. the cloth holds up significantly better, and honestly I think its more comfortable anyway.

Just a word of advice on the doors, pull them when you find them. It took a long time for me to find 4 good ones for my car, a good 6-8 months of that was actively looking too. I'd also be harvesting trim bits when you come across them. Most of yours looks decent but for some reason it seems to be the rule that if you need one piece of trim, you'll find a car with absolutely perfect trim except the one piece you need.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes another towncar. I can get you some door panels if your staying with blue.

Comment

I am def staying with blue. Can i see a pic of them? There is a car in the junkyard by me with the really dark blue interior, i was thinking of switching but there were missing pieces
        Last edited by Andypot1985; 03-15-2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Nice car man. I am glad you like taking pictures because I like seeing them.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice lincoln, I got lucky with my mark 6 the leather seats are nearly mint.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
            351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
            duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

nice towny!
              those are the same seats i have, i agree with gadget, you probably wont find better
              save your money, we can help you whiddle away at the to do list, got plenty of work at the moment, but will be needing work in a few weeks
              we have one of the largest concentrations of u-pull-it yards of anywhere else........harrys (x3) denaples, ez-pull, acheys, etc

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Well i guess ill keep those seats then! I have been to lots of junkyards lately harrys, denaples, ect... there are not that many box TCs out there. Lots of aeros but not many boxes. Denaples has one, harrys has one(its rough) and morgan has one. I'm going to pull the drivers door off the one at denaples i would pull the other side but it was in an accident on that side.....

Comment

nice townie mang looks like a good project

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I like it !!!
                    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Nice, identical interior to my 89 TC SS. Good luck with it.
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Nice ride! Was the previous owner a senior?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The original owner was a senior until about two years ago. Then some guy had it and did not know much and now i have saved it

Comment

Sweet Towny!

Good luck with your project!

Comment

Nice color

Pete
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                              X