No announcement yet.

The 88 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have mine deleted yet but for now since that belt was all torn up I cut it off, same thing but a little more so since now it's not spinning the compressor and tensioner either. I'm getting about 16mpg right now, mostly city and a bit of highway and that's all in 3rd, I don't use OD since it's messed up right now so I think for only having third and driving normal (not purposely slow) that's pretty good. Once I get my transmission fixed and get OD back I expect to get over 300 miles to a tank.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

16mpg all around isn't terrible. Now that i put the plugs in I'm going to check my mpg on the next fill up.
      2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
      2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
      1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

Not terrible but with 3.08 gears and an OD gear I hope to pull at least 18mpg overall.

Comment

Ive got 3.08 in my merc and get 16-18 overall 22-23 on the highway
          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

See that's normal, mine gets worse mileage since I only use 1st-3rd gears. After I get it fixed and a transmission cooler it should go up at least 2mpg all around and more on the highway. Then it'll be bulletproof, the engine runs really smooth aside from the knock at cold idle.

Comment

Yeah i have the lopo knock too. A H.O. someday will solve that issue

Comment

if you pass inspection without a smog pump you got to pm me where you go for inspections then. i want to get rid of my smog shit.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Luckily for me we don't have emissions or visual inspections of any kind in Kansas. I've had my truck inspected with no cat on it and passed.

Comment

PA has wierd emissions regulations. Its different by county. My car now likes to stall when its cold. When its warm, its fine. Maybe the gas? I dunno i havent drove it much all summer so i'll put some miles on it this week to see how it acts.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                      Luckily for me we don't have emissions or visual inspections of any kind in Kansas. I've had my truck inspected with no cat on it and passed.
                      There you go, Matt. Move to Kansas.

Comment

Would you believe I waited to buy mine because I wanted cloth seats and didn't see many?
                        The Lincoln plush velour cloth interior is amazeballs, to me. This material was introduced as a Mark VI option in '82 on some of the designer trim levels and the Signature Series. The base cloth was your typical nasty fun fur stuff. The plush velour was handed down to the Town Car as an upgrade option somewhere around '84. I think it was also available on the Town Car Cartier for one or two years. This was all back when leather wasn't the only choice for upgrading your interior when ordering a new car.

Y'all shouldn't knock the leather in these cars. All leather looks like trash after 25+ years unless you garage and "feed" it (I use mink oil). If you have seen nice leather that has been cared for in a '70s or '80s Lincoln, you'll realize the "leather" they use in today's cars is BS in comparison--thin, vinyl-feeling, unattractive finish.

Comment

haven't done much in a while, but i got me a new windsheild tonight!

Click image for larger version

Name:	419153_576984941166_77501255_31765252_1954646110_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1268498

The previous job was terrible

Name:	397020_576984352346_77501255_31765251_1252119686_n.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1268499

Comment

Well it has been a very long time since I have been on so I thought I would post some updates of the goodies and progress of the car. It is still not inspected, I hope to get it done this week. Here are some pics of what I have picked up lately.

I got a mint dash pad

Name:	251841_597625846626_2060371662_n.jpg
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	1269495

A clean door panel

Name:	288493_597626006306_122109224_o.jpg
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	1269496

new idler arm

Name:	541003_598991060726_140365117_a.jpg
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1269497

I removed the foam pad thing under the hood (it was really bad)

Name:	198404_597971319296_1753095170_a.jpg
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1269498

I really want this car ready for scotts fest, just a few more things and I will be there!

Comment

Working...
                            X