No announcement yet.

The 88 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 1am last night i got the old transmission out. Its just a matter of time to get the new one in!

Click image for larger version

Name:	297140_553074438006_77501255_31611148_1325145_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1265725
    2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
    2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
    1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

go to malaks with $100 and grab those mint leather blue seats from the white tc down there. bring extra money for the minty door panels note that car only has 18,000 on it.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

How's the swap going?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

At the moment the trans is out of the car. Its going to sit a few days until monday. I am busy all the rest of the week and weekend. Since it is my first time i am taking my time. If i think i have another two nights of working on it and I should have it ready. Hopefully I wont get covered in trans oil anymore. haha

Comment

Nice find!! Give it a little love and it'll give you a little back!!!

Would you believe I waited to buy mine because I wanted cloth seats and didn't see many?
            sigpic
            89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
            13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
            "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

got the trans in wednesday night. I'm away for the weekend so come tuesday i'll finish up the odds and ends and test it out!

Click image for larger version

Name:	tc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1267718

Comment

Well as of tonight it has all four gears now. It was so nice to take on the highway. I put a new stock H pipe on it, with no mufflers. I havent decided what to do about them yet.

Comment

Today I changed the plugs, wires, rotor and cap. Its running like a champ now. No spuddering at all. Now i have to figure out why the interior lights, mirrors, and clock aren't working. I am assuming a fuse.

All it needs now is a windshield and mufflers. Then it can be inspected.

Still need to do the heater core (cry) and the intake gaskets.

Comment

How loud was it with just the h pipe? Lots of resonance/ drone or was it mellow? Thinking about straight piping my car but with full tail pipes. Nice Lincoln btw!

Comment

Thanks! When it first starts and i drive it up the street it has alot of drone before it warms up. On the highway it does drone alot. I think if you run tails that might help it a bit

Comment

Ive got all 4 cats with straight pipes and glasspacks. No H-pipe and I have noticeable drone loud enough you hear it but not enough to be annoying.
                        A friend of mine who works at a pizza shop here in town says he hears me everytime I go by. Of course it doesnt really if anyone else likes it as long as you like it.
                        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

it kinda does matter if the cops don't like it... but it generally has to be horrendously loud for that to happen... zoomies anyone?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yea, i have been keeping a light throttle while passing cops

Comment

Originally posted by ford man View Post
                              How loud was it with just the h pipe? Lots of resonance/ drone or was it mellow? Thinking about straight piping my car but with full tail pipes. Nice Lincoln btw!
                              I've got that exact setup. On my 88 TC, I have the stock duals with all 4 cats but no mufflers, complete with stock tailpipes. It has a nice sound, very deep for dinky 2" pipes and mine doesn't drone very loud at all, very tolerable and performs great, probably the best exhaust for the money on a lopo. Eventually i'll put headers on a new engine but the lopo does very well with this setup, and also I recommend a smog pump delete as well for added power and mileage.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I took my smog pump out when i changed my transmission. The one pipe wasn't even connected to the cats. I had someone weld up the holes for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X