May regret it, but selling my tudor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May regret it, but selling my tudor...

Ok, I was planning on playing with it as a weekend toy.

Then I was just planning to clean it up and sell it in the summer, or just clean it up and use it in the summer.

Well, ok, so I haven't done the claybar yet, and I have maybe put 300 miles on it in the past 8 months, if that.

So, my Coupe is for sale. It's stored in my garage, but it's not being used. Circumstances in my life now mean I basically don't ever get to play with it at all.

I'm the second owner - bought it from an estate sale. Well, the brief bits, and pics, are in the links in my sig below. Nope, don't have the original hubcaps, but I think I've still got the original centercaps from those hubcaps (just gotta find 'em!)

The good is that it's an extremely nice car, with about 95k original miles on it.

The bad is fortunately limited to little things:
    - The Ford Premium stereo doesn't work - it powers on, but the thing thinks it's trying to play a tape
    - The driver's side mirror SOMETIMES doesn't adjust vertically (or is it horizontally? I can't remember and it's behaving itself now)
    - The dash vents are loose (felt is gone)
    - The tailpipe sheared off aft of the muffler.
    - Two of the rims need the ridge-edge polished better than I've done. You don't really notice it until you're fairly close in person, though.
    - Idle's a little unsteady/hunting until the car's fully warmed up - it didn't used to do that when I drove it regularly!

That's about it. Included as extras with the car are:
    - a pair of used Mustang OEM exhaust headers,
    - a set of E7 heads from a van that I believe are good, but one cylinder you can tell got a little water through the head gasket. Different bolt size, if I recall correctly, than the car E7s, though.
    - 20 extra chrome cap lugnuts (Dorman), though the ones on the car currently are brand new.
    - centercaps from the original wire hubcaps (if I can figure out where I put them!)

I'm asking $4500 or best (reasonable) offer.
    Last edited by King_V; 03-16-2011, 09:23 PM.
    1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
    Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
    Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Got any recent pics of the thing mang?

Comment

Not as of yet, but it's pretty much spent almost no time out of the garage in about 6 months. I'll see if I can snap some photos this weekend.
      Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.

Comment

please do. I'd like to have a two door in my collection, and this one's pretty close to me

Comment

How's the rust underneath, considering the tailpipe fell off?
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

wait, is this that Black Tudor with the red interior? Goddamn I need the money. I was thinking about a trying to find a black and red car, and I immediately thought this would be perfect....I was hoping it wasn't getting sold so soon though. lol
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
              How's the rust underneath, considering the tailpipe fell off?
              Pretty clean, actually. I *believe* that it may be the factory exhaust system - never replaced - but don't hold me to that. It was originally a senior-owned, garage kept vehicle.

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
              wait, is this that Black Tudor with the red interior? Goddamn I need the money. I was thinking about a trying to find a black and red car, and I immediately thought this would be perfect....I was hoping it wasn't getting sold so soon though. lol
              The very same. I was sort of hoping myself it wasn't getting sold soon, or maybe at all - eh, but reality comes in and kicks me in the teeth.

Comment

and oh yeah, would you accept a partial trade of one soul? 3 boxes and a soul? I'll throw in an F150.
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  please do. I'd like to have a two door in my collection, and this one's pretty close to me
                  id like you to have a tudor in your collection too, sounds like this is all YOU.
                  1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                  1994 MGM GS Montigua
                  2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                  2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                    and oh yeah, would you accept a partial trade of one soul? 3 boxes and a soul? I'll throw in an F150.
                    Alas, that I can't do. Need the space as well as the money.... that and ol' Lucifer gets pissed at anyone muscling in on his soul business...

Comment

Photos, as requested.

Note, car has NOT been washed or waxed. In MONTHS. Most of the spots you see on the paint come off easily, though there are a few flaws. Some of it is even leftover wax crud left from the last time I actually DID clean it - and I'm a bit of a klutz with it.

Also, I forgot about the parking brake handle having snapped off about halfway across the length of the plastic rod. C-clip and spring still there, though.

The rims apparently aren't as clean as I remember - probably needs someone who knows what they're doing rather than me doing a craptastic job of polishing them.

And, the power-mirror issue on the driver's side is horizontal movement. Vertical is fine.

On the plus side, the rough idle problem has gone away. Drove it this weekend, and it ran quite smoothly.

Pics below.
                      Attached Files

Comment

And a few more...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Back of Car.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	1264451Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Driver Wheel.jpg
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1264452Click image for larger version

Name:	Hood.jpg
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	1264453Click image for larger version

Name:	Pass Side.jpg
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	1264454Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver Door Inside.jpg
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1264455Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Fender.jpg
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	1264456Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Driver Wheel.jpg
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	1264457Click image for larger version

Name:	Back Seat.jpg
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1264458

Comment

bump, and eek, total silence? Maybe I should've washed it!

Comment

I do not have the money right now. But I really want this.

Comment

I'd make an offer, but I'm afraid it would fall in the "insulting" range.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X