speaker wattage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker wattage

I have a 1993 MGM with premium sound. Was wondering does anybody know the wattage of the stock speakers? Just ordered a Pioneer stereo from Crutchfield that has 14 watts per channel and was wondering how that would match up with the stock speakers.
    Thanks,
    Don.
    1993 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L AODE[SIGPIC]sigpic

Stock speakers are probably 15 watts or something. You should be OK as long as you don't crank it like mad.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks gdt73. I spoke with the guy at Crutchfield before placing the order. I was thinking I wouldn't be able to find a stereo that would fit in the cavity of the old stereo. Thought I'd have to use a bracket to mount under the dash. Was pleasantly surprised when he told me the stereo would fit in a sleeve that would fit in the cavity.They are also sending a plug that I'll need to match with the wires on the back of the stereo, then just plug it in. Sounded pretty simple and easy. Hope it doesn't turn into a "walking through mud " ordeal.

Don.

Comment

the only "trouble" you'll have is connecting the wire harness they are sending to the wire harness in the aftermarket stereo. Gots to match up about 13 or 14 wires IIRC. I always solder mine to be sure they won't pull apart... but crimps work fine too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Got the stereo in with a minimum of difficulty. Very satisfied with the stereo and with Crutchfield.

Don.

Comment

w00t! Tunes are a good thing.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X