Joliet 89 grand marquis BluesMobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joliet 89 grand marquis BluesMobile

Hey Everyone well some Know I got my 89 for 600 she need a water pump well I started to take off the radiator the fan cover move one bracket and move the alternator over so I can get the belt off spent 185.05 for a water pump, belt, a Repair Manuel, Power steering fluid and hand clear and a busted knuckle for Joliet Hope she likes it plus I put some more oil in her and she will be getting new antifreeze for her when the pump go's on btw the Pump still on because I just move and I have no tools for the job were I am now

You spent $185 on what? Water pumps are as cheap as $15 at AutoZone.

They rent hand tools for free, BTW.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      You spent $185 on what? Water pumps are as cheap as $15 at AutoZone.

They rent hand tools for free, BTW.
      for everything the hand shop the repair Manuel and belt and a battery for got that also the power steering fluid and did not know the rent hand tools for free

Comment

rent for net free... get your deposit back when you return the tool.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

AutoZone tool rental FTW! I've got a goodly stash of tools, but I typically rent the weird and funky stuff like specialized pullers. And since their rental program does include normal socket and wrench sets, that's even more you can get away without buying if you don't wrench much.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Well here is some new photo of Joliet with me tell me is my grill right or is this another grill

Last edited by NCGrandMarquis; 04-23-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Sweet car man. Grille looks stock to me but I am no Grand Marquis enthusiast.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thats the origonal grille. and dave, dont be hatin' on grand marquis' mang

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

yeah... that's the original grill... though the vertical fins look blacked out on yours. Compare to mine (little more beat up than yours):
                  Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

iv seen both painted fins and non painted. my 91 mercs seemed to have the painted and the 88 mercs i had were just chrome.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

interesting... I may be hunting a 91 grill then

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                        yeah... that's the original grill... though the vertical fins look blacked out on yours. Compare to mine (little more beat up than yours):
                        question did you take the second thing out that looks like a radiator

Comment

nope. radiator and AC condenser are still in there. That 4 inch dryer hose is a tight fit. I need to put some peel and stick weather strip in there to prevent rubbing. It's got about 1/4 inch space... but I don't trust it with the redneck job I did to put it in there.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                            nope. radiator and AC condenser are still in there. That 4 inch dryer hose is a tight fit. I need to put some peel and stick weather strip in there to prevent rubbing. It's got about 1/4 inch space... but I don't trust it with the redneck job I did to put it in there.
                            Ok I thought you might have took it out it look like you did

Comment

night time pic... bad lighting.

Comment

Working...
                              X