No announcement yet.

forum read marking behavior changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so apparently the fact that I'm not seeing any spam is because our physical security is just too damned good
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

If I may. I do miss the window at the bottom of the screen, where you can jump to whatever forum you want. it saved alot of time.

MIKE

Comment

I could've sworn that on the old forum, threads stayed bold and unread, even after a couple days...I was never one to subscribe to threads, but I guess that would help now.

But if it makes the forum less intensive on the processors, I'm for it.

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
          I could've sworn that on the old forum, threads stayed bold and unread, even after a couple days...
          it did. I don't like the new new post feature. When you post in a thread and then go to new posts again, the one you posted in is on top again. It should go away until someone else posts.

Comment

I make it a point to close tabs so I'm not idling anywhere on the site but it hardly ever shows me things as new posts
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I had spam last night
              2004 Ford Crown Victoria P71 (Frost-Bite)

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

I must have some settings askew someplace. I make it a point to not idle on any pages since finding out about this but when I open the board in the morning it will show show everything from an arbitrary time as read. weird.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Just tacking on here;
                  Noticed today while browsing that the forum had ended up marking everything read before I got done. There a way to increase the 'last visit' reset time?

On a related note: recall my asking what happened to the "You last visited" data field on the main forum page with the update to v4.x? Heres a good reason for it. At least if I'm here longer than the board time-out for last visit I know how far back to go. =-) If any of you guys are active on vbb skin boards, make the point that the 'You last visited' field is not just fluff, especially for us dial up guys who stay longer than many of the time-outs for the auto message read toggle.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                  X