No announcement yet.

The dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah front clip has to come off. Hood is the same, fenders are too. But the grand marquis have those ugly trim pieces going along the door midway. Vic don't have that.
    And I would notice. What you're doing is making a Ford Grand Marquis which would give cableguy a stiffy. Lol.

Comment

the way the trunk latches and tail lights are all different... trunk lid is different too... Crown Vics have full corner pieces housing the rear lights opposed to the wide lights along rear... license plate is on trunk lid of Crown Vic and between tail lights on Grand Marq ... rear is way different...
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Yeah front clip has to come off. Hood is the same, fenders are too. But the grand marquis have those ugly trim pieces going along the door midway. Vic don't have that.
        And I would notice. What you're doing is making a Ford Grand Marquis which would give cableguy a stiffy. Lol.
        can you show me what you are talking about

Comment

look at my signature picture... the 1990 in picture has the black plastic trim and then the Crown Vics only have a thin plastic bumper trim down side along with the chrom along the lower body line running down to the rocker panels
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Picture of my old car (an original car used in the movie). Is this what you are trying to build? If so, I would suggest getting a Ford. There is way too much to change on a Mercury and if you don't change EVERYTHING, it will just come off looking cheesy. Just offhand, front bumper, header panel with lights & grill, emblems, trunk lid, lower rear window trim, tail lights, seats, all dash parts. You will also have holes to fill from the coach lamps and the side rub strips.

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post

Picture of my old car (an original car used in the movie). Is this what you are trying to build? If so, I would suggest getting a Ford. There is way too much to change on a Mercury and if you don't change EVERYTHING, it will just come off looking cheesy. Just offhand, front bumper, header panel with lights & grill, emblems, trunk lid, lower rear window trim, tail lights, seats, all dash parts. You will also have holes to fill from the coach lamps and the side rub strips.
              Well I might try this just with mine but again I might go to the first car are you on blues brother central

Comment

Their asses aren't even remotely close.

Not to mention grand marq's have that ugly molding running down the side of them, and on the filler panels front and rear.

You'd also need to swap the entire header panel, and proper bumper up front as well.

If you want a crown vic, start with a crown vic.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                X