Keypad out/Locks with a mind of their own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad out/Locks with a mind of their own

As the title states, my keypad is in-op, but the remote and switch still work. What would cause that and is there a fix?

Also, the car locks by itsself. Is that an autolock feature? If so is there a way to turn it off? I have a habit of leaving keys in the car and if it werent for having a window cracked I'd already have to call pop-a-lock a few times already.
    2000 Grand Marquis LS: Back in the Panther Life Again.

so... nobody's got any ideas. I mean has anyone ever heard of a keypad going out? I checked the fuse which is fine... and runs other functioning things like the ETAC, and such.

And the locking thing is so random it has to be a short.

Comment

There's an autolock feature, that's disableable (lol) by the keypad. Maybe it can be disabled through the PCM too, not sure, you'd need a factory scan tool to do it, I'm sure.

Check the wiring, I know if you press the last two buttons on the right of the keypad, they'll lock the doors. Maybe the wires are shorting together?

Comment

yeah that's how I discovered the keypad was in-op... 7-8/9-0 lock feature. Then I tried the code... nothing.

Plan to remove panel this weekend and investigate. Anyone know where I can find a schematic?

Comment

yeah, diagnosis... bad keypad. Anyone know an easy way to yank it out and replace it? I tried pulling one from a salvage yard and these things seem to be desined to stay put.

Comment

anyone... anyone...

Bueller?

Comment

*draws a blank*

no clues here. I would like to know too, since the one on my Mark is a little loose on the right side of it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by projektRoyalDemon View Post
                anyone... anyone...

Bueller?
                Do you have internet explorer on your computer? If so, give me a PM, I have something that will help you...

Comment

doesnt everyone...?!

Comment

yeah... my Google search pulled up some step by step items with the important one limited to "Remove keypad"

how the F'n hell is that supposed to help?

anyone got pictures... or am I going to have to figure this one out by taking my car apart?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I tried a few practice runs at PnP... couldnt get anywhere.

Comment

keypad.pdf

This out of the 85 manual. The written part just says what it is and where it is, no help.

Sorry it's upside down, I don't know how to change it.

Pete
                        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

got useful info thanks to a fellow member yesterday....

Comment

Figure out your problem?

Comment

Working...
                            X