No announcement yet.

My JBL Swap(In Progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well today i went to the yard and got me town car jbl dash speakers and they work awesome too. i now have the full system minus the cd changer which will be later in september. these dash speakers have fricken huge tweeters on them they rock.

pics

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I'm impressed that you found a pair that haven't turned to dust.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Now, let me know when you've found mine...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Now, let me know when you've found mine...
          will do.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I picked up a pair of JBL deck speakers from a TC today. When I metered them I got infinity unless I was on the 2000M scale. WTF?

Do they have some kind of internal amp or crossover in them that makes it read that way?

My stock speakers come out as 6.6 ohms which seemed kind of weird, I tried 2 different meters and got the same reading.....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
              I picked up a pair of JBL deck speakers from a TC today. When I metered them I got infinity unless I was on the 2000M scale. WTF?

Do they have some kind of internal amp or crossover in them that makes it read that way?

My stock speakers come out as 6.6 ohms which seemed kind of weird, I tried 2 different meters and got the same reading.....
              They're fucked then...

Comment

yep there toast if they read infinity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                  yep there toast if they read infinity.
                  Actually, they are fine. it is as I suspected, upon disassembly I found an internal crossover.

I plugged them into the CP. they have very little bass response though. I had hoped to replace the rear speakers w/them.

When I looked through the TC I couldn't find any woofers or subs so I thought they would suffice....

Matt, Where are the woofers located?

Someone trashed the head unit. I expect to return on Sat. if the amp is still there would there be any benefit to acquiring it? Or does anyone else need it?

Thanks Guys......

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

well today i went to the yard and got me town car jbl dash speakers and they work awesome too. i now have the full system minus the cd changer which will be later in september. these dash speakers have fricken huge tweeters on them they rock.

pics

Do they fit under the dash pad?

Comment

are you trying to have a full jbl system if so yes then you need that amplifier it will be behind the rear seat. if this is from a 1990 and up town car some had optional sub amps and a sub in the middle of the rear deck. to do the full swap you need to get the wiring harnesses and yes the dash speakers will fit with no problem.

Comment

are you trying to have a full jbl system if so yes then you need that amplifier it will be behind the rear seat. if this is from a 1990 and up town car some had optional sub amps and a sub in the middle of the rear deck. to do the full swap you need to get the wiring harnesses and yes the dash speakers will fit with no problem.
                        The head unit is broken up.... can the rest of the system be used w/a different h/u?
                        I assume it is complete interior dissasembly to acquire the harness?
                        If it did not have a separate woofer/subwoofer, the TC must have had poor bass response....

I hope to get to the yard again on Sat.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                          The head unit is broken up.... can the rest of the system be used w/a different h/u?
                          I assume it is complete interior dissasembly to acquire the harness?
                          If it did not have a separate woofer/subwoofer, the TC must have had poor bass response....

I hope to get to the yard again on Sat.

Thanks

just need to fish it out from behind the heater box in the dash do not break or cut the grey coaxial wire with the square plug cause then your fucked. if you tear apart the whole driver side of the car remove the sill plates and b pillar covers where the seatbelt goes through and all the wiring harness for the amp power is there just find the amp and follow the harness down to the drivers kick panel and cut the harness there. DO NOT CUT the Grey Wire coming from the amp it needs to be intact it there a 6 mini wires that are inside it. just follow the wiring the grey coaxial wire is on the passenger side so you have to tear apart the side of the passenger side to get it the from the passenger kick panel and up through the dash and fish it out of the dash. the bass will sound much better with the jbl amplifier. no the system will not work an aftermarket headunit as you would bypass the amp. i have another jbl headunit needs to be rebuilt i know a guy that does it for onyl $125 and puts a 6 month warranty on his work. it's the newer style but will work in your car if you have din mounts or use an adapter plate which i also have to use the 5.5m bolts to hold it in. if your interested in it pm me with your info and i will ship it to you. just pay shipping.

Comment

Working...
                          X