New panther member!!! HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New panther member!!! HELP

Hey just joined this forum with questions and to show off my beautiful 1989 Crown vic with no miles on her Yes I am on crownvic.net! and nice to meet all you!
    Ok time for pictures of my car!!!
    She is a 1989 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX 5.0
    these were taken in october i believe

Can someone tell me what the hell that tin can is above the driver side wheel?!?!

Time for questions!

Without realizing it I just got Mustang headers, mufflers, upper and lower intake manifold with injectors, fuel rail, throttle body, and mass air flow all for $300 (same price i bought my car for lol) do i need the cams and ECU to put this all on? and if not can I put it on myself if I'm not missing anything? I am no mechanic I'm learning all this as I go, please help! (doing the HO swap if you didn't notice )

the soup can is the vacuum reservoir for the AC vent system.

as for the mods...
    the cam will complete it, but you definitely need the computer. You can rewire the computer harness to fire the correct injectors for the lopo cam and it will still give you some more fun in the butt dyno. you can however put the intake parts on (sans MAF) and use the stock injectors and computer and still get a little more pep outta the beast.

Cam and computer will make it all plug and pray though.
    Last edited by sly; 05-05-2011, 10:48 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by FFSage View Post

Without realizing it I just got Mustang headers, mufflers, upper and lower intake manifold with injectors, fuel rail, throttle body, and mass air flow all for $300 (same price i bought my car for lol) do i need the cams and ECU to put this all on? and if not can I put it on myself if I'm not missing anything? I am no mechanic I'm learning all this as I go, please help! (doing the HO swap if you didn't notice )
        You'll need the ecm, cam, and heads. You'll also need mustang H pipes to bolt to the mustang headers. Oh and if you're going Mass air, you'll need the Mass air sensor harness, and move a few pins on the computer harness.

Comment

Not to forget a mass air compatible computer among many other swapping of parts to put on what you mentioned.

Welcome.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Not to forget a mass air compatible computer among many other swapping of parts to put on what you mentioned.

Welcome.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Car looks really clean. Welcome. Another NJ guy, there seems to be quite a few us here.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Alright thanks guys do you think I could put on what I have now myself at home? I should have all the tools for it just no experience lol. And I have the mass air flow sensor and a bunch of wires not sure where they would go to. Also how much will heads, ecu, cams will run me?

Comment

Alright thanks guys do you think I could put on what I have now myself at home? I should have all the tools for it just no experience lol. And I have the mass air flow sensor and a bunch of wires not sure where they would go to. Also how much will heads, ecu, cams will run me?
                  Depends on where you get them from. Mass Air Auto Mustang computer, I figure about 100 bucks. That's what I paid for mine.

What part of New Jersey are you located?

Comment

Warren twp. its like near plainfield and brigewater.. except everyone is rich lol sorta in the middle of NJ I have a wiring harness that goes with the mass air I think.

Comment

Warren twp. its like near plainfield and brigewater.. except everyone is rich lol sorta in the middle of NJ I have a wiring harness that goes with the mass air I think.
                      It would be easier to use your harness and add the mass air stuff to it.

Comment

Welcome to the Party!

-ryan s.
                        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                        Originally posted by pantera77
                        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                        X