So having never been before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So having never been before...

For those of us tenting it (or sleeping in the car) what's the game plan for showers/crappers?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

There are 2 showers and 2 crappers. Access priority is by a random and complex system involving divination of tea leaves and astrological signs.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

so a port-a-loo for the midnight run might be a good idea.

*hrms*

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I go in the woods because I am scared to death walking in the dark from the camp grounds to the house.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

flashlight?

Flashlight!

Comment

The flashlight just makes it even creepier for me because then I think I see stuff while walking down the the campground and around the big pond then up the little hill to the front of the house. I am used to houses stacked on top of house. Big open land I am not accustomed to.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

heh... I see. I think I'll bring a mini-bog for myself and the wife for those middle of the night occasions... clean it out when light comes again.

oo... another question... is there any electricity available to the tenters? or is it BYOBattery.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                I go in the woods because I am scared to death walking in the dark from the camp grounds to the house.
                PFT pussy :p
                Slymer, you're free to use the house electric if you need it. Showers and crappers are fair game. If no one's in there, it's yours lol.

Comment

mainly just for phone charging... I was wondering about in-tent... so I guess that's a no on the in-tent. Since I'll probably be using my phone to wake my ass up in the morning... I'll probably charge it every chance I get (in-car, in-house, etc).

Comment

This year I'm going to hide in the woods near David's tent, and scare the shit out of him...

I will probably be sleeping in the truck, like I did last year. Damn pissed I sold that tonneau cover.

:crocktears:
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

we have two potties, three if i get the shop potty hooked up by scottfest
                      we have two showers and a bath tub

we have two full kitchens

i can run a cord out to the field if i have enough extension cords

we have wifi out there (wireless router in the rear of the shop)

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i can bring my extension cords if that will help and a few power bars too. Also in addition to a battery backup unit
                        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I bring baby wipes for a quick whore's bath and dunk my head in the pond.
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                            This year I'm going to hide in the woods near David's tent, and scare the shit out of him...

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                            I bring baby wipes for a quick whore's bath.
                            That gave me a good laugh.
                            ~David~

Comment

I bring butt wipes for the butt... sticky craps need more than TP!

I have extension cords too... and power bars... and a POS old tripplite UPS that still works (and isn't in use). Can bring.

Comment

Working...
                              X