Resistance values for Spark Plug Wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resistance values for Spark Plug Wires?

Does anyone know what the ohms range specs should be for the plug wires?
    Would a bad set of wires cause my 97' not to start? Coil , Crank sensor , are good (im getting no spark)

Originally posted by berenyi View Post
    Does anyone know what the ohms range specs should be for the plug wires?
    Would a bad set of wires cause my 97' not to start? Coil , Crank sensor , are good (im getting no spark)
    Hi Berenyi

I always work on 5000 - 7000 ohms per foot and nope I seriously doubt all plug wires went bad at the same time causing a no start, more likely bad PCM relay, blown fuse, crank sensor/wiring or cam sensor/wiring.

First thing I would do is check for fault codes.

Oh yeah '97 what?

Regards

Dereck
    President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

grand marquis gs

my reading seemed pretty normal mostly approx 11k but i did get a low 7k (2-3ftwire)but like you say it wouldnt matter for the wires for it not starting it has to be something else but its weird last week I was having the same problem then out of no where a couple days went by it started and last for approx 5 day no hesitation then the next day no start same cranking ugggh..

I hate ignition problems..
      Last edited by berenyi; 05-18-2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Hi Berenyi

Check fuse 7 under the dash and check for power on the Red/Light Green wires at the coils

Regards

Dereck
        President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Comment

there is continuity at 7.

Which coils?

Comment

Originally posted by berenyi View Post

Which coils?
            Hi Berenyi

I don't know man but I have this wildy hatstand long shot that it could be the ignition coils after all they are where the sparks come from.

Regards

Dereck

Comment

I'm assuming he means the ignition coil packs mounted on the front of the motor.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck View Post
                Hi Berenyi

I don't know man but I have this wildy hatstand long shot that it could be the ignition coils after all they are where the sparks come from.

Regards

Dereck

I assumed this as well but I already checked the ohms on both primary and secondary connections on the packs and everything seems to be normal ;what else could I check with the coils?

"check for power on the Red/Light Green wires" you mean the connectors plugged to the packs because they have diff colors on mine
                Last edited by berenyi; 05-18-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X