X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripminder pinout

Pin 3 is Ignition power (hot in run)
    Pin 4 is the dimmer from fuse panel & instr. illumination
    Pin 5 is KeepAlive power from fuse panel ( bat.+)
    Pin 6 is Fuel Flow data stream from pin 34 of EEC Module
    Pin 7 & 9 are grounds
    Pin 8 is the speed input from the VSS to pins 3 & 6 of the Speed control ECA.

source: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...34&postcount=3

I'm posting this here since I've found no links to it and no reference to the actual pinout on the tripminder itself in my searches. Now my question is actually about the bone stock clock.

Is it the same pinout minus the VSS and fuel flow wires?
    like this?

regular clock pinout
    Pin 7 & 9 are grounds

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Originally posted by slymer View Post
    Pin 6 is Fuel Flow data stream from pin 34 of EEC Module
    Pin 7 & 9 are grounds
    Pin 8 is the speed input from the VSS to pins 3 & 6 of the Speed control ECA.

source: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...34&postcount=3

I'm posting this here since I've found no links to it and no reference to the actual pinout on the tripminder itself in my searches. Now my question is actually about the bone stock clock.

Is it the same pinout minus the VSS and fuel flow wires?
    like this?

regular clock pinout
    Pin 7 & 9 are grounds
    For what car, and out of curiousity, why do you want to know? For box vic, there's only 4 pins and 4 wires. There's only one ground on stock clock. brown is the dimmer wire. Light green with yellow stripe is memory. the white with pink stripe wire is for switched, and the black is ground obviously. If you're planning on adding tripminder, or removing it from whatever reason, stock clock will plug in, because the tripminder plugs in the stock clock harness.

Comment

nah... looking for an on/off dimmer source, not a variable dimmer source. Might get a cyberdyne digital speedo for my 88 if I can't get the kludge of a digital readout working that I'm making from my old college lab microcontroller.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        nah... looking for an on/off dimmer source, not a variable dimmer source. Might get a cyberdyne digital speedo for my 88 if I can't get the kludge of a digital readout working that I'm making from my old college lab microcontroller.
        Tap off of the headlight switch. It would just need a 12 volt source. The dimming will be at the brightest it could be with the headlights on (the furthest on the knob without putting the interior lights on). I've done it to test dimmer functions on tripminders and even stock clocks.

Comment

Working...
        X