Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video of idle problem, gurus please watch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video of idle problem, gurus please watch!

Still haven't found the source of my idle problem. You could say it's doing the whole "dies at stoplights" bit. New MAF, new IAC, new plugs and cleaned the carbon out of everything I could and I'm still dealing with this. No apparent vaccuum leaks. Tried checking for codes via EEC test and it wouldn't work. Tried different gauge wires and different grounding points and still nothing. Even tried the volt meter on the output end and I just got a constant power reading, no sweeps. Car won't even start the cycle to check the codes it just sits there. Car is a 1994 Grand Marquis LS. Video will explain the rest, thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP_FBOuw7qM
    Last edited by JerseyTrueBlue; 05-24-2011, 09:41 PM.

Did you check for vacuum leaks like I told you to? Also, the car not going into self test mode, is a bad thing. Where are you located mang? Maybe I could stop by and take a look at it for ya if you aren't too far.

Comment

I know it's not good I'm guessing the car has wiring issues as well. I checked for leaks to the best of my ability and couldn't find anything. If you could take a look at it that would be great but I'm all the way in spotswood county in NJ. If that's not that far from you and you think you could figure it out that would be great. Shops told me to try the maf and to clean the injectors. Both did nothing. IAC was my guess and was a pain to get to and I was very unhappy when it started up exactly the same.
      Last edited by JerseyTrueBlue; 05-25-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyTrueBlue View Post
        I know it's not good I'm guessing the car has wiring issues as well. I checked for leaks to the best of my ability and couldn't find anything. If you could take a look at it that would be great but I'm all the way in spotswood county in NJ. If that's not that far from you and you think you could figure it out that would be great. Shops told me to try the maf and to clean the injectors. Both did nothing. IAC was my guess and was a pain to get to and I was very unhappy when it started up exactly the same.
        Maybe I'll make a day of it tomorrow or something and stop by. When are you free? Send me a PM.

Comment

JerseyTrueBlue stopped by today, and I took a look at the car. As originally mentioned, he couldn't run a self test. I checked the plug to the computer, and made sure that there was continuity to the self test wiring, there was indeed. I reconnected the computer and it did run a self test afterwards. The codes we got were 172 and 135, O2 sensor/heater circuits. It was nice meeting you two!

Comment

iac clean?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

IAC is new.

Comment

egr solenoid opening up the valve at idle?
                Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
                  egr solenoid opening up the valve at idle?
                  You did not read my post did you?

I said it had O2 sensor circuit failure codes. I've experienced this once before with an early 1995 5.0 Mustang, where it ran better (but richer) with the O2 sensor harnesses unplugged.

Comment

Working...
                  X