thermostat seal on my 89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thermostat seal on my 89

Hey Guys I did what you usually do when you put the seal on got it on and put the water in but then I herd leaking and there is a steady steam of water coming out of the seal what do I do when I put it on I noticed the seal sliding if that the case do I take it off again and put a new one on and let it dry. But My thinking was to put the seal on then put the part back in was I wrong

i put the gasket on dry usually, unless the housing or intake is pitted and screwed up. The trick is getting the intake and the thermostat housing clean of any gasket material and other crud. Then you have to put it together and make sure the thermostat is where it belongs. The self-stick gaskets help with that. You can just sit the thermostat in the groove in the housing, and then stick the gasket in place to hold it all together.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks for the info well I got all the old crap off and re-painted before I stuck the seal on

Comment

Working...
      X