It took me a while, but I'm back in the Panther game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took me a while, but I'm back in the Panther game

Hey everyone! I've been out of the Panther loop for a while but the time has come to get back into it. I owned a 2002 Grand Marquis LS from January 2006 to September 2008. I bought it mint at 25K and put 44K on it, and duals/ported plenum/clearcoated steelies with caps. I frequented Crownvic.net but never did get around to joining on here. That car was my pride and joy until gas hit $1.45/liter here (over $5/gal) and I got scared. Traded it for a 2009 Corolla, which to it's credit has been good to me in the 78K I've already put on it, but I've always missed my "big" Mercury (" " because I have a '76 Thunderbird that dwarfs it, heh).

I didn't think I'd own another Panther again until this came up on the local classifieds. I just couldn't pass it up. 1987 Crown Vic LX, towing package with duals, 70K, local car (southwestern Ontario) that was never winter driven. ALL original, and only on its second set of tires. Everything works, including the AC which was recently rebuilt by the dealership. Original owner. The icing on the cake: it was built in the same MONTH as I was born, May 1987

It is immaculate. Probably one of the best examples of such a survivor in this area. Paid more than I would have cared to, but it was less than he was asking and in person the condition spoke for itself. The car will continue to be stored for the winter, and I have my Corolla for the bad weather driving. I really think it's a great way to get back into a Panther!
    Last edited by RyPow; 06-06-2011, 02:20 PM. Reason: car details
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

nice. cv you have a tripminder in there. if not i got 2 of them and will sell one to you.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

wow that looks like new!
      welcome to gmn and welcome back to the world of panthers!

i dont blame you on the yoda, i got a 86 toyota pickup for a song, great for junkyard trips and running errands and picking up parts......gets 25-30 mpg

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Welcome. Nice clean car you got there.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Really nice jump back into panthers! Hard to believe that actually IS a SWO car.

Alex.

Comment

Nice ride! Enjoy it.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Beautiful car. Please take good care of it.

Welcome!
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I love the color!
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Pretty damn clean. I want your bumpers.
                  1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                  2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow!! Sounds like you were destined to own this box
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                      Wow!! Sounds like you were destined to own this box
                      That's what I thought when I saw the month on the door sticker. That and the fact that I grew up about 15-20min from STAP

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Beautiful car. Please take good care of it.
                      Not to worry, it will keep on living the good life in my ownership.

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                      nice cv you have a tripminder in there. if not i got 2 of them and will sell one to you.
                      I'm not too familiar with that option in these cars. Is it in the digital clock?
                      EDIT: just answered my own question. I didn't look close at the clock but I don't recall it having as many buttons as the Tripminder I Googled a picture of. I may very well take you up on the offer. Will the car have the harness connector there behind the clock or is splicing required?
                      Last edited by RyPow; 06-07-2011, 10:58 AM. Reason: quote links; figured out what a tripminder is
                      RyPow
                      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net

Comment

nice to have another ontario mang. That thing is cherry and I too have intense bumper envy.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
                          That's what I thought when I saw the month on the door sticker. That and the fact that I grew up about 15-20min from STAP

Not to worry, it will keep on living the good life in my ownership.

I'm not too familiar with that option in these cars. Is it in the digital clock?
                          EDIT: just answered my own question. I didn't look close at the clock but I don't recall it having as many buttons as the Tripminder I Googled a picture of. I may very well take you up on the offer. Will the car have the harness connector there behind the clock or is splicing required?
                          yes it has the harness and 4 of the wires you just splice them into the tripminders harness the other 2 are fuel flow and speed sensor wires which are under the dash in a plastic holder. very easy to do. do you have cruise control.
                          Last edited by MattsLincoln; 06-07-2011, 01:50 PM.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

yes it has the harness you just splice them into the tripminders harness very easy to do.
                            Don't you have to add a pin to the computer for the fuel flow wire?
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

do you have cruise control.
                              Yes, it has cruise. I'm surprised that they didn't just have one dash harness with the wiring for the Tripminder all there. My '76 T-bird has practically every accessory provision in the harness (even when it wasn't equipped with all of them), including low fuel light module, power lock wiring etc.
                              RyPow

Comment

Working...
                              X