• Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I love this Car!

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
      very cool!

Re summit trips:

Look at the bright side, you could be 2 weeks of delivery and 30+ dollars of shipping charges away from your nearest Summit like I am.
      at least they'll ship to you
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

awwww, the chrome cragar soft * rims would have looked good. i still liked the idea of a sleeper, with stock wheels lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yes.. they do fit

Ran to summit today after work and exchanged for the right rim. Got it mounted and here we go. I think it still needs the trim rings!!

These are 295/50/15 on a 8" rim with 4.75" backspacing. Tred is 10.1" section width 11.8" I'm glad they fit. That is one wounderful thing about these cars extra room everywhere to do what you want. I think you could probably fit a little wider one in but getting it centered in the well wouldn't be fun (would have to get out the spacers).

I hope this helps the traction problem a bit. NOW I need my headers so I can have fun with it again! Should I run this out to Scottfest this year?

Click image for larger version

Name:	this1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1268839Click image for larger version

Name:	this2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1268840Click image for larger version

Name:	this3.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1268841Click image for larger version

Name:	this4.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1268842Click image for larger version

Name:	this5.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1268843

Thanks again for looking!!!
          sigpic
          89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
          13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
          "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

You should most definitely run it out to scottfest.

I believe they've made trips to drag strips before at Scottfest. Just a thought
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Wheels look great.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
                should i run this out to scottfest this year?
                oh my god yes!

Comment

looks really great mang with those new wheels

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I WILL find a way to show up if this car is at scottfest this year.

+1 trim rings

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                      I WILL find a way to show up if this car is at scottfest this year.

+1 trim rings
                      And I will pick you up from the airport in the Marauder.

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Dayuuum! Is all I have to say looks killer IDk about the trim rings Id have to see it with em on

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                          And I will pick you up from the airport in the Marauder.

-ryan s.
                          oh no... I'd drive. no f'n way I'm paying THOSE fees.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Final on wheels and now... cruise control

Here is the final for the wheels. Trim ring fits nice on the rear at 2.25" The front however needs 2" so they are on order and match the rear.

Still waiting for the headers getting ceramic coated.... UGH!!

Now fooling around with the speed control. What a PIA!!! I am keeping the module and servo under the dash and just running the throttle cable through the firewall to keep everything as clean looking as possible. I will be using the existing message center buttons for the cruise as you can see I have the resistors for set/accell 680 ohms, coast 120 ohms, and resume 2,200 ohms. The on off is 0 ohms to ground.

I had to get all new components since in 1988 they put the cruise module inside the main EEC module. The modulator is not the same either. The one my car had was a 3 wire unit and the one I needed for the stand alone module has a 6 wire unit. When I put the module back together, I will put silicone where the solder is to make the connections last. Can't wait to see if I got it all right. If not, You will be able to open your windows and hear the @#$$$$%#@@@ from anywhere in the world!!!!

The trim under the vinal top with the color coming off will be taken off and I have some matching chrome strips to replace it.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                            13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                            "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Oh Yea! now it looks even better this car just keeps me drooling Haha

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
                                Here is the final for the wheels. Trim ring fits nice on the rear at 2.25" The front however needs 2" so they are on order and match the rear.

Still waiting for the headers getting ceramic coated.... UGH!!

Now fooling around with the speed control. What a PIA!!! I am keeping the module and servo under the dash and just running the throttle cable through the firewall to keep everything as clean looking as possible. I will be using the existing message center buttons for the cruise as you can see I have the resistors for set/accell 680 ohms, coast 120 ohms, and resume 2,200 ohms. The on off is 0 ohms to ground.

I had to get all new components since in 1988 they put the cruise module inside the main EEC module. The modulator is not the same either. The one my car had was a 3 wire unit and the one I needed for the stand alone module has a 6 wire unit. When I put the module back together, I will put silicone where the solder is to make the connections last. Can't wait to see if I got it all right. If not, You will be able to open your windows and hear the @#$$$$%#@@@ from anywhere in the world!!!!

The trim under the vinal top with the color coming off will be taken off and I have some matching chrome strips to replace it.
                                You could've kept the computer to just operate the cruise control. But this is even cleaner I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X