This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boss 302

now I am just looking at them and was asking myself would it fit and my 89 marquis if so how hard would it be to get it done if anyone know that you can do it pleases tell me because well I am going to drive my 89 until the engine is no more and I want to know before I put a new engine in her I am not going to do this right now I am studying on it why buy a new car when your engine is gone
    Last edited by NCGrandMarquis; 06-10-2011, 04:23 PM.

Originally posted by NCGrandMarquis View Post
    now I am just looking at them and was asking myself would it fit and my 89 marquis if so how hard would it be to get it done if anyone know that you can do it pleases tell me because well I am going to drive my 89 until the engine is no more and I want to know before I put a new engine in her I am not going to do this right I am studying on it why buy a new car when your engine is gone
    I know you are probably going to think I am a dick, but, at the bare minimum try a little punctuation in your posts.

As for your question, as far as I know the Boss 302 had the Windsor small block w/ Cleveland heads. It should be able fit, but my best guess would be problems with headers and exhaust.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

the original boss 302 or the new modular coyote boss?
      anything is possible with enough money........either project is gonna be big big bucks

more cost effective to install a 5.0 ho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I am going to be verifying the fitment of a Boss 302 with factory Cleveland 4V exhaust manifolds when I empty the engine compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
          the original boss 302 or the new modular coyote boss?
          anything is possible with enough money........either project is gonna be big big bucks

more cost effective to install a 5.0 ho
          well if I was going to do it I was going to go with the 89 boss 302

Comment

What is an 89 Boss 302?

Comment

A. WTF are you talking about?
              B. Punctuation is a great thing.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                What is an 89 Boss 302?
                1989 Mustang

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...s-Tips-and-FAQ
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

:lol:
                    Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                    What is an 89 Boss 302?
                    Mustang hoo hoo

Comment

1989 Mustang
                      This is where we get the thread back on track. The only 302 available in 1989 was the same 302 used in Mustangs from 1987 to 1993. The only "Boss 302" engine ever installed in Mustangs was from 1969-1970. The new Boss 302 Edition Mustang has the 5.0 Coyote (Hi-Po 302 Ti-VCT V8) engine in it.
                      Last edited by Mercracer; 06-10-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

The next BS post in this thread whether it is to be critical of grammar or whatever will be deleted along with the rest.

Comment

An HO, will fit right under your hood. You'll need a different computer, different fuel injectors, a bored out Lopo EGR spacer, E7 heads, HO cam. That's about it.

If you swap in a complete HO, you will need different injectors, computer and bored out spacer.

Comment

Working...
                          X