X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Engine Dimensions

http://www.mustangsandmore.com/ubb/E...imensions.html

wow... the mod motors are pigs on weight. Never woulda guessed that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Would never have guessed that the 351C was so close in size to the 302W.

mike

Comment

The DOHC mod motors are NOT the same size or weight as the SOHC. They are much wider and heavier. Sure, they're aluminum head, but still iron block and a shitload of extra junk in the motor. 2-4 cams and the accompanying stuff to make them work? Yeah, lots of weight. That and the blocks are much meatier than the old SBF blocks. Hence, they don't blow up quite the same...

Comment

Take a 4.6 with the heads off and its dimensions height wise are almost the dimensions of a fully assembled 302
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Sure, then add heads and WHOA! Mod motors are fucking huge. Now how about a 351 Cleveland swap? Bellhousing pattern is the same. Hmm, 408" stroker Cleveland and a build AOD/4r70w? Throw some nitrous or boost at it and magic!

Comment

I have a 351C in a ex stadium race truck a ranger long bed on a 67ish bronco frame. Lots of parts for C motors from previous builds have often thought about a C swap. My last C motor pulled 500 hp @ 6000 RPM and 500FT/ LBS @ 4200 rpm for a friends Pantera. That was stock stroke and .030 over bore.
              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
              X