Did you have a conept for your box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you have a conept for your box

I mean more then regular paint and stuff like did you want to do a movie car or do something out of this world, Here is what I was going to do but now I have re thought it I might do the Blues Brother car with another box but not the one I own right now

This is the First Idea I had

Also I was thinking of doing a ghostbuster car with a country squire

I'm just planning to keep my box stock and clean for now.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I hope to someday have at least one of my cars looking nice and entirely covered in the original color instead of partly primer or full of rust holes ..... does that count?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

the car 2.0 was my original idea now its based off of the bomber planes
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Car 2.0? :confused:
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

No, not really, it just kind of developed over the last two years. I saw other cars on here with ideas that I liked - wagon springs out back, HPP rims, gauges etc and decided to try some of the things on my car.

I like the restomod thing. Making it better than stock, keeping close to the stock look (even using OEM stuff that wasn't originally intended for the car like Daves mustang warning light thinger) but not drastically changing what the car is.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

LSS (luxury sport sedan)
              stock appearing, comfortable, fast as hell......i think i did pretty well

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Extremely clean inside and out, stock appearing, and so fast it's retarded, while still being so well mannered your grandma can drive it and eat up the miles all day.

May eventually turn into sort of a pro touring thing but who knows.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

Im keeping mine as clean as I can , with lots of minor modifications . Drivetrain will remain mostly stock
                  sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

I want to turn my Marquis into a Turnpike Cruiser, as a 'what-if' kinda deal. Conti-kit, fender skirts, lowered ride, and a bunch of extra upgrades.

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      Car 2.0? :confused:
                      ever see the car? had a markiii that was design by george barris, wanted to make a 4 door version of it
                      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        i hope to someday have at least one of my cars looking nice and entirely covered in the original color instead of partly primer or full of rust holes ..... Does that count?
                        ditto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                          LSS (luxury sport sedan)
                          stock appearing, comfortable, fast as hell......i think i did pretty well
                          this

comfortable, original looking, and as fast as I can go without hurting the first two.

I've sort of formed the general idea of a theoretical package that amounted to a civilian Crown Vic with a 4-barrel 351W and a few Police-spec upgrades.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

for my 88 (long term... nothing really near term except keeping it running as my DD)

lifted... 33" swampers... big brakes... lower gears... 4x4

road armour-ish bumpers... possibly a 2" rolled steel exo-cage.
                            /dream
                            DD is DD until lots of money is available.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm planning on a stock appearing pro touring esque car. I want to keep it as clean as possible, but with bigger wheels (I'd like a set of 18s of the ones I have), bigger brakes (custom made), I'd like to somehow get the coyote 5.0 with the 6 speed auto to go with it, dropped 1.5", and have the exterior in police trim (no hood ornament, slicktop, no granny trim) but painted in the original color with a base/clear set up (i'm thinking mile deep paint). I want a stripless/gaurdless rear bumper, and a stripless 79 front bumper (with the inserts)

Interior wise mostly stock, minus steering wheel and gauge panel I need to install yet, power everything, with a complete alpine component stereo system, with a pair of small subs on the rear shelf in the trunk.

I need a new DD and a shit ton of $ for that to happen though.
                              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              X