How to Clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Clean

Turbine wheels for a 89 Mine are black not shiny I have tired soap and water no good

try a gas powered pressure washer
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I have cleaned them using a mild solution of simple green and a tooth brush. I did 6 wheels twice to make them pretty just before I sold them a couple years ago. It is a lot of work.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Get them Sand blasted. Then paint them and then clear coat them. You'll never have a problem cleaning them again.

Comment

are they Mag and Aluminum or Chrome

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            Get them Sand blasted. Then paint them and then clear coat them. You'll never have a problem cleaning them again.
            gas powered pressure washer will do about the same thing
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

gotta get in there with a small brush and some degreaser and scrub the hell out of it.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yup... try to find a skinny bristle brush you can run between the spokes with some strong wheel cleaner.
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  gotta get in there with a small brush and some degreaser and scrub the hell out of it.
                  I found some of Meguiars but I need to know what can Of metal

Comment

Aluminum.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

you need something like Simple Green or Purple Power or whatever first. Metal polish wont do you any good on these.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you need something like Simple Green or Purple Power or whatever first. Metal polish wont do you any good on these.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X