Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

play dat tuba! (loud humming noise) found soure what do? (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

play dat tuba! (loud humming noise) found soure what do? (pics)

So at first i thought it was coming from the air box, then the intake itself, finally i tracked it down this the hose coming off the intake i have no idea where it goes (its circle in red in the pics) by taking the hose off while the car is running you can for sure tell that is where the noise is coming from.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1297848Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1297849

Is this the same problem others have had with a bad IAC?

Edit: the noise is accompanied by a rough idle and staling at stop lights.

It's the IAC.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Get a new IAC.

Comment

IAC.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...s-please-watch!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

how much one cost.

Comment

www.rockauto.com

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

IAC help

I have the same issues: My GM dies when you take your foot off of the gas at stoplights or stop signs, accompanied by a LOUD humming sound, which makes my car very annoying and embarrasing to drive.

Today I removed my IAC, after inspection, it looks like it was a replacement part, so I went online and noticed a post from a different forum, I am not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other forums so I will post a quote from the poster: "My buddy who runs the Parts department at one of largest Ford dealerships in my area did a little research and talked to a few of techs regarding the "moan". He tells me that they had a problem with an intake hoses on '92-'94 CV's that caused a howling noise. Apparently the fix is to replace the hose with one that has an internal baffle."

MY IAC has a hose with what looks like a filter attached to it, I assume that this is the baffle, I have attached a picture for verification. Since my GM has a humm as well as the other symptoms, do I need to replace both the baffle and IAC?

I hope my post helps the OP and future Panters!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X