fender removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fender removal

found a donor at the local 'yard today. pulled the header panel but when i got home i realized i probably should've taken a fender, too.
    how hard is it to remove a fender on a grand marquis? especially now that the header panel is removed, i assume it should be too hard, but have never done it.

thanks.

You have to remove the header panel to remove the fender.

Remove hood. Remove electronics from fenderwell (you can pull this along with the fender). Undo the bolts attaching the fenderwell to the radiator support. undo the bolts holding the fender to body, there's two on the bottom right in front of door. 13mm. There's one behind the fenderwell with a circle that's removeable, 10mm. A couple up on the top by the hood hinge, 13mm. Up at the rad support 8mm. That should pretty much cover it.

Comment

thanks, got it.

there was one bolt, one of the ones underneath in front of the door, that would not come loose, so ended up having to just twist & pull the fender until it broke free.

bonus, it was an LS car, so i've got the side-marker light, too.

Comment

Originally posted by sinistral View Post
        thanks, got it.

there was one bolt, one of the ones underneath in front of the door, that would not come loose, so ended up having to just twist & pull the fender until it broke free.

bonus, it was an LS car, so i've got the side-marker light, too.
        Do you have the side marker on your 85?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Do you have the side marker on your 85?
          yep.
          colony park LS... and the driver lamp was missing.

Comment

Working...
          X