91' grand marquis cheap to a good home. $1,000 OBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91' grand marquis cheap to a good home. $1,000 OBO

Alright guys, its really really for sale this time. As you know from the other thread, as part of the deal for the 5.0 mustang and the focus, the 2.3 mustang and the marquis have/had to go.

Now I am willing to let it go for pretty cheap as long as its to a good home that will save it from being a derby car or a white trash mobile. That being said, the price will be $1,000 OBO and when I say OBO I mean it dont be shy, I may just take you up on the offer.

Now let me see if my tiny brain can recall everything I have done to it.

H.O. swap from a 91' mustang, No idea on milage the car it came from didnt have a cluster, but its a tight good running engine.
    A9P ecu
    mass air swap with a 70mm meter from a 94-95 stang
    A/C and smog delete
    electric fan conversion
    no name 1 5/8'' shorty headers
    BBK 2 1/2'' off road h-pipe
    3g alt swap with rjm injection harness and wiring
    ford motor sports 4.30 gears
    rebuilt trak loc with 8 clutchs
    all new bearings and races in the rear end center section
    255lph fuel pump
    new radiator
    new bearings, rotors and pads on the front less than 500 miles
    all 4 new tires less then 500 miles

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Super solid chassis, only one rust spot on the body passenger side rear quarter at the bottom right behind the tire. Nearly mint interior. Right around 75,000 OG miles. It had 59,000 when I got it and the odometer stopped work, but 75 should be close.

Now on to the bad part. The car does not have a transmission in it. The clear is also fading on the hood, roof, and trunk. It will come with a good rebuildable AOD or for an extra $200 it will come with a world class t5 from a 4cyl mustang and a mustang pedal assy. The AOD does not have 3rd or 4th gear to my knowledge that is all thats wrong with it. The t5 is in perfect working condition.

The car will have to be trailered by who ever buys it. No trans in car.

Pics

You can see the rust in these

mint turbines

rear end stuff

The exhaust, Does not come with slp muffs

pics

engine

A picture from the H.O. swap so you can see the chassis a bit

interior

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

hmmm me want but would have to part out my lincoln to get it
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Do it. Just save your tranny and mufflers and you can have her up and going about an hour after you get it home.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

trans wont fit its lincoln specific if i were to do that i would have her up and going where she sits lol then drive her home lol

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
          hmmm me want but would have to part out my lincoln to get it
          don't take this the wrong way, but it would be an upgrade.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            don't take this the wrong way, but it would be an upgrade.
            um duh? if i had a way to do it and could put my trans in i would do it in a heartbeat

Comment

Oohhh if only I had the money

Comment

hmmmm i want it in the worst way lol lemme do some horsetrading and finangeling and see how much i can come up with, i fi do end up with it , it will be a nice trip to athens first to see some old freinds lol be a fun trip
                Last edited by zoomie; 07-28-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                  um duh? if i had a way to do it and could put my trans in i would do it in a heartbeat
                  Wanna know a secret? You can put your trans in there. All you need is a Mark VI driveshaft. Then after that, just swap the shift linkage from his original trans to yours.

Comment

I would not recomend driving it home. Hasn't been started in at least 6-7 months, and it has 4.30's and no muffs. Pretty much the same as slp lm1's and the trip to blacksburg was brutal on the ears. But if you so choose I will be more than willing to help you toss it back together.

Come on guys, I've got nearly $1,000 just in the tires and fresh rear end. You get the rest of the car for free lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                    Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                      I would not recomend driving it home. Hasn't been started in at least 6-7 months, and it has 4.30's and no muffs. Pretty much the same as slp lm1's and the trip to blacksburg was brutal on the ears. But if you so choose I will be more than willing to help you toss it back together.

Come on guys, I've got nearly $1,000 just in the tires and fresh rear end. You get the rest of the car for free lol.
                      thats not a problem either i have mufflers,and i could put my k code in and put the 4.30s in the trunk lol let me see what i can come up with, also john thanks for the heads up on the trans.
                      well i would probably put my msd stuff on there along with plugs and what not do a oil change too, i could even bring an extra MAf with me if that ever became an issue...this would be a worthwhile car to scrap my lincoln for lol

Comment

ZOMG... purple wheels !!! where is the car located?
                        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Southern Ohio mang.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

Bump guys. I've got over $3000 in this car not including purchase price. You cant duplicate this car for $1000. Deal of the year.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

If I wasn't broke I would be all over it. Lift the trans from my 90 up in there and I would be good to go.
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                              X