90' mustang LX 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90' mustang LX 5.0

You all have met this old girl before, as it was my moms car, we bought it in 95' from an old couple in arizona. They packed up everything they had into it and drove it from AZ to here. My dad was a used car sales man at the time and did the trade in for them on a new 95' f150. He went back and bought it for my mom the next day, we have had it ever since. But now its mine (insert evil laughter). Anyway its a 90' LX 5.0 AOD car. 140,000 on the clock. Has the sport seats in it, Super mint everywhere of course lol. Pretty much a virgin or very close. Mods are as follows. Stormin normin ram air hood and fuctional ram air kit to go with it, 2 1/2'' BBK off road H-pipe, MAC mufflers, and 2 1/2'' polished stainless tail pipes out the back, rebuilt AOD with a shift kit, B&M hammer shifter, rebuilt trak loc with 8 clutch rebuild, adjustable caster camber plates, 5 lug swap, 99-04 spindles in front, 99-04 hubs and rotors, PBR calipers, H&R race springs, 17x9 10th anniversary chrome cobra reps all the way around.

Thats about it I think lol.

Plans, 3G alt swap, electric fan conversion, A/C and smog delete, a nice tune up, and a set of real headers to go with the exhaust. Thats in for now.

Pics

Here you can see the underside of the ram air hood and the air box a little

front shot

Some random pics

My favorite picture ever of the car. Getting rid of the old tires before the 5 lug swap.

before 5 lug/makeover

Before the newest paint job

Those are the oldest pics I have of it on the computer. I will keep pics coming everytime I drive it, and updates on the mods as they happen. Enjoy.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Pretty nice car man. I like the color a lot.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Well, it's getting cold and you know what that means. Winter project time, the mustang is getting pulled out of the small garage and going into the big one for some work. The plans for this winter are nice simple and fairly cheap, and will also lay a good base for future mods. Soo by April-may next year I want to have all this done.

5 speed swap
      3g alternator
      mini starter
      battery relocation
      a very basic wire tuck, nothing crazy yet
      tidy up the engine bay as well. Clean/paint
      and megasquirt

I will get some pics coming as soon as I get it moved into the other garage.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

So plans have changed a little. I got a new job, im back working in a body shop woot lol. I can actually save some money now. So now the plans for this winter are everything above with the addition of one thing. A b&g single turbo kit. Ive already got $1000 saved for it, should order it by the first of the year.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

What made your mom give up the Stang? Perhaps some better heads before the turbo upgrade? In any event, sounds like a lot of fun

Packman

Comment

nice car! love the wheels too. i also like them center caps on the old rims

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
              What made your mom give up the Stang? Perhaps some better heads before the turbo upgrade? In any event, sounds like a lot of fun

Packman
              She had always said she was gonna pass it down to me one day, I guess the day finally came lol.

Picked up a bellhousing for the t5 the other night from a super nice guy with tons of mustang parts. If any of you are interested in H.O. conversion parts he has all of it and more. He is also very resonable with his prices. He is located in greenfield ohio, if you would like his number PM me and I will send it to you.

Thats all on the mustang right now, been busy with project snowman.

more later

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
              Big plans

Comment

Nice to see someone here with a Foxbody ! I've had 16 since 2001... You will love the 3G change !

Comment

Maybe it's because I'm tired, but it looks like you already have the 100 amp alternator in there. would the 3G swap really make a difference?

MIKE

Comment

It's just got the stock 2g 60amp or whatever it is. The 3g swap was one of my favorite mods to the grand Marquis, so I know I'll like it already lol. This is my 6th mustang, they are my first love lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                    Big plans

Comment

They look similar but are like Day and Night in a Mustang... I would have done this years ago if I it was like this !

Comment

what will you be doing with your AOD?
                        1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

As far as I know, I have dibs on the AOD to put in the purple-rimmed Grand Marquis I bought off of him (going down to pick up the GM that's in his sig. this weekend).
                          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Dammit, there goes that idea. :lol:
                            1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Yup, it's already spoken for when it comes out.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                              Big plans

Comment

Working...
                              X