replacing water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing water pump

ok, i'm in the process of replacing the water pump in my '96 grand marquis. i got all the bolts out, but the damn thing won't budge. it's fused due to rust or whatever.. i've tried knocking it with a rubber mallet, tried with a pry bar and with both at the same time, and it still won't come loose.. anybody know any tricks to get this stubborn water pump off of there?.. i'm sure theres gotta be something easier so i'm not busting my ass so much on something this simple, just trying to get the old one off.. if this seems like a dumb question to anyone, hey i'm kindof a newbie when it comes to fixing my own shit so bear with me.. thanks yall
    Prominente

Get a bigger hammer. If all the bolts are out and it's not coming, you have to hit it harder. Unless there's something you're missing.

Comment

Did you take the pulley off? Because if you didn't, there's a bolt on the lower right that you can't get to unless the pulley is off. The pump shouldn't be stuck on there that. There's a gasket, so there should be no dissimailar metal corrosion between the pump housing (aluminum) and the block (iron).
      Hold on, lemme run outside and have a peek.....

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

cool i got it off finally.. used a sledge hammer and piece of wood
        Prominente

Comment

Working...
        X