scottfest 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scottfest 2011

Had a great time. It was good to actually meet the people on here.
    Thank you to Skippy & Scott for hosting us.
    Congrats to Pete & thank you to Tom

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

sorry i wasnt more social, been having nothing but vehicle problems all weekend.......glad you guys had a good time, i'm trying to make the best of it but my nerves are shot and my back and neck are bothering me

thanks for coming! see you next yr

oh and btw the chili was awesome! thanks again!

scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I had a good time this year as well.

I wasn't feeling well Sunday morning, so I decided to head home. No one was really up, (I did see Pete and Jim in the morning), so I felt kind of funny just leaving. My apologies for that. If you were supposed to get parts from me, I left instructions with Nick on that end of things. Hopefully things worked out. If not, send me a PM, and we'll see what is what.

It was great seeing past attendees, and meeting some new folks.

I never seem to be able to make it home without incident, and this year is no exception. I believe I will be knee deep in a rear diff rebuild in the Ram towards the middle/ end of this week. It was howling and whining on the way home, and was seeming to get progressively worse. I had been noticing a little extra noise over the past month or so, but nothing really bad. Fluid level was fine. Now it has gotten loud.

I am thinking that in the two times I have replaced the pinion seal, I maybe disturbed the pinion preload. The seal no longer leaks, but its a little late now. So... I am thinking new gears, and all new bearings (probably wheel bearings and seals as well. Maybe a locker, but I don't feel like spending extra big bucks right now. Plus, it goes fine in 4x4 anyways...

I have never done a Corporate 9.25 before, but my Dad has. And since he has a thing for differentials, I think we'll have a fun little project. In the meantime, I will be driving his '99 P71, because he has gone away with my Mom for a few days.

But...

SF11 was fun for me. Wish I had been feeling better on Sunday morning, but thats water under the bridge.

The fog on I-81 yesterday morning was unreal. Made for a interesting 50 mile jaunt.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Made it home about midnight last night tripminder is working great averaget 21-22 in PA and reset in flat ohio and averaged about 25mpg. I really thought i liked this car when i bought it but now after taking a 1000+ mile roadtrip in it i like it even more and can happily say it handles better,rides smoother, and is more comfortable than my 95 was.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

No kidding Scott, I hope all is well on both cars now! No worries though, you and Skip were excellent hosts. Please tell him I say thanks, love the place. Sorry I left before saying goodbye.

Minus problems, it was GREAT! Wonderful meeting you'all. I've already forgotten all your names lol. Learned some, ate some, drank some Tried the, um, scrabble? Heck Sunday morning I dreamed I got a pair of 11" drum brakes for the 85

Thanks to zoomie for the ride, and many thanks to all, see you next year!

Pete
          Originally posted by gadget73
          For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
          1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
          1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I made it home around 1am. I had a really great time. It was nice to finally meet all of you in person.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

hey does anyone know if nick has any pics of his town car up anywhere i was gonna snap a couple but left b4 he got back from the junkyard and i dont know his name on here either. thanks.
              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

I made it home by 3am....Passed cherry doing 100+ only a few miles out.

Good seeing everyone, and meeting a few new people.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Great to see everyone again and meeting newmangs as well thanks to skip and scott for hosting us again it was great to go to the yards although Sunday was wet lol. Hope all is well with scott dealing with the cars. I really enjoyed going to the yards this year. I got my geo prizm steelies I needed. Had fun installing Kyle tripminder. Still had fun this year got home. Around 1 this moring
                  Last edited by gabegt90; 08-15-2011, 07:49 PM.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

we demand pics!
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                      we demand pics!
                      All the Canadian mangs do...
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                        hey does anyone know if nick has any pics of his town car up anywhere i was gonna snap a couple but left b4 he got back from the junkyard and i dont know his name on here either. thanks.
                        His screen name is cheesesteakjim. There are a few shots in my pictures, but he doesn't like pictures only of his car. Don't know why, it's a beautiful car...

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

awesome time. thanks for the help on the car, john. car ran noticeably better the entire time home... but as soon as i got off the highway the freaking tps went crazy again, and even worse this time. i'm about to swear off fuel injection.

it was great meeting everyone new, and seeing all you other guys again.

Comment

Indeed-ely doo it was a good time, even with the rain and a few unfortunate events that kept us from doing more.
                            Usually we do a nice scenic cruise (not recommended if you have questionable brakes or rusty lines, they WILL get exercised...), burnout contests, rides in HO panthers, repair clinics and other fun stuff.
                            Still, people food and beers make for a good weekend alone...!

It was great too meet more noobies, hopefully you guys got some inspiration for great things while you were there. It definitely inspired me to do a couple minor things I've been slacking on with my cars... after I install these new scooter parts, lol...
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Great seeing old friends and mew. I had a good time despite the weather and the mishaps that occurred.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X