No announcement yet.

scottfest 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good seeing everyone again or for the first time.
    Thanks Scott and Skip for hosting
    Thanks Jess for the clean sheets and the entertainment
    Thanks to Matt for finding the dash trim that I've been needing

and whomever spilled a soda on the back floor of my car, you are a dick.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wow Thain. Who's the ass? Anyway, it was nice seeing people again, meeting new people, and getting parts I wish we could've done the cruise this year, but weather and cars were not on our side this year... That being said, there will be no more working on cars during Scottfest unless it is small, non important. I think everyone can agree on that. It was unfortuate to what happened to Ryan and the Marauder. As was Jason and the Vic.

Comment

I had a great time. Thanks to Scott and Skip for hosting, Thain for the cables (I still have to ship my turntable up to you), Nate for bringing my old mufflers for a great price, and it was GREAT to meet new mangs, and hang out with the old ones.

I suppose Matt redeemed himself a bit with finding the dash trim. He still needs his head mashed in, though.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          I suppose Matt redeemed himself a bit with finding the dash trim. He still needs his head mashed in, though.

Do tell more!
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Do tell more!
            apparently made a nuisance of himself most of the time, but the kicker was when he decided to steal some of my cigs..... and got holy what for from me. if he had asked it would have probably been fine.
            at anyrate other than that had an awsome time,got to ride in the rauder,which was a riot going down the track, have video as proof.. also got to meet a coupl of mangs who live close enough to me to meet up with .
            definatley thank you scott and skip for hosting was an awsome time sorry had to leave before i coud say bye properly, theres always next year im already planning to stay a little longer. those three days went by aw fly fast.
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Scotty told me that Matt arrived with basically $1 and one watermelon.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

And he was ready to bust that watermelon over his fucking head...

Comment

Made it home Tuesday evening in a red Hyundai Sonata. Definitely NOT the car I left in. Shit.
                  On the way to the airport to drop it off, I discovered that id had an ECO Mode button. Good thing I found that after the 350 mile trip.
                  Dick.
                  Anyways, heading down on Saturday to recover the Marauder. Picked up a fan from my buddies yard for free. And I can has spare parts from my other two transmission. I'm sure I can figure this one out.
                  Besides, FUCK YO THROTTLE BODY Tom!!!!!!! (And your spark plugs)
                  I must go faster next year. Like 14.2psi...

Thanks to all the mangs who made this possible. Scott, Skip, Jess, Thain, John(who I must love as he loves me), and anyone else.

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                    John(who I must love as he loves me),
                    You must love me exactly as I love you See you tomorrow.

@1987CP, yeah basically. he showed up on Tuesday.

@Tom, he wasn't the only one...

Comment

The junkyard fresh valve body did not solve the Marauders problems Ryan?
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

no, same issue as previously as far as it was described to me. I'm just wondering if the valve body not being torqued properly allowed fluid to leak out on one side, and maybe did some internal damage.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

oh no.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

my vic is still there in Scott's capable hands. it's getting a new (to it) engine and some other drive train upgrades (tc, rear gears, tl). Can't wait to get the vic back. It'll be really nice to drive.

As far as Matt goes... he needs to get his head out of his own ass and take 2 seconds to think about what he's about to do. I'm pretty laid back, but he finally got on my nerves getting in the way while I was trying to work on my car. new rule for Matt: take one step back and ask yourself, "am I going to get in trouble for doing/saying this?"

For the most part, I found Matt to be excitable about cars and wanting to show off his and other's mods to his own car (John: that one-touch mod works great). The JBL system is pretty good. makes me wish I had the 88 with me to show off my sound system. Maybe another time. Not sure I'll be recovered from this Scottfest to make next year. I may try SoF though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

There's absolutely no working on cars at SoFest. We mostly just get drunk, lol...

BTW that Dublin Dr Pepper totally kicked ASS!!!!
                              Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 08-19-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

if I come to SoF, I'll definitely be in the vic again. I will not be bringing something that might want to break... and after Scott's done with the vic, it will be full of awesome for at least another 100K miles.

and yes, the Dublin DP is awesome. I will be getting more soon. And it will be brought with if I show up to any events.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X