No announcement yet.

My 1983 Lincoln Mark VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wheels have been re-torqued and the center caps are back on. I was driving in a school zone this afternoon, which has a sign that tells you how fast you're going. Not sure how accurate that is but my speedometer was off by a few km/per hour in comparison. Typical issue for an old Panther with digital dash?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

typical issue for any car. Both my 88 and 93 are off by 1.5-2 mph. I've seen brand new cars that were off by 3-4mph. nothing new.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

scored some box parts

On Thursday, I drove to a junkyard that's almost 2 hrs away! Well worth it though! I scored a glove box, radio (tested before removal), set of floor mats with cleats, trim pieces (rear door and quarter panel) and a power antenna. I paid $125 for everything. The owner (Ron) was friendly and helpful. His Panther inventory: box TC/box TC limo/Mark VI/box Grand Marquis

I installed the glove box today. It's dark blue in colour and has the famous warp but the latch works perfectly.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

brake system trouble

Braking pressure is only applied to one side of the car. Now in storage, so I'll deal with it next year...Winter has arrived.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Sold...

Sold today for $1400. The buyer also owns a really nice Galaxie convertible, so I'm confident that he'll take good care of the Mark VI. I'm going to use the money to pay off my credit card debt and save for another Panther. Don't worry, I'm not selling my other cars!!
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Glad to hear the car is going to a good home. Those Mark VIs are pretty cool and you don't come across them every day.
              ************************************************** ******************************
              1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
              1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
              http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                Glad to hear the car is going to a good home. Those Mark VIs are pretty cool and you don't come across them every day.
                There aren't many road-worthy Mark VI's left here in NB.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                X