No announcement yet.

My 1983 Lincoln Mark VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did i hear dual exhaust? Also, my gmq's inspection was basically checking off a list, i was in and out within 20 minutes.
    79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
      Did i hear dual exhaust? Also, my gmq's inspection was basically checking off a list, i was in and out within 20 minutes.
      Yes, the car has duals. I'm going to have some exhaust work done in 2012 because the system is showing it's age now.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

new inspection sticker

The shop completed the mvi today...finally! Yesterday, one of their mechanics quit, which put them further behind schedule. Now I just have to get the car appraised and registered in my name.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

by exhaust work do you mean dual magnaflows with only 2 cats and no reasonators?

also, took a look at your pics, the car looks great love it!
          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

cool

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
              by exhaust work do you mean dual magnaflows with only 2 cats and no resonators?

also, took a look at your pics, the car looks great love it!
              Thanks! I haven't really thought much about what brand of parts I'll go with. I don't want attention from the police...:smirk:
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I've got nothing but pipes and mufflers and have never gotten police attention
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  Thanks! I haven't really thought much about what brand of parts I'll go with. I don't want attention from the police...:smirk:
                  As long as you keep on two cats, it wont be loud at all. It will have a nice rumble though and i like the sound of magnaflows a lot more then flowmasters, heard a crown vic with a set on and i regretted going thrush for sure. They arn't real loud but they have a really good sound to them.
                  79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Thanks for your comparison. I drove the car home tonight from the storage lot, where I left it on Thursday after picking it up from the shop. My first order of business tomorrow is to get some quotes for auto appraisals. I saw an ad on Kijiji for $29.95 but if the guy doesn't have a license, then it's a scam.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

on the 83 mark vi signature we're going to use BBK headers, BBK O/R X pipe and Dynomax Bullets with temporary side exits till we figure out what we're going to do about Tailpipes...We got some idea's
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

put me down as another (somewhat) unsatisfied Thrush Welded owner.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                          I saw an ad on Kijiji for $29.95 but if the guy doesn't have a license, then it's a scam.
                          The guy does have a license for doing appraisals. Just 2 hours after calling, he came over and did the paperwork! Tomorrow I'm going to get the car registered in my name
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It's mine now!

I went to the DMV yesterday afternoon and got the paperwork completed. I posted some more pics on Facebook. No interior pics (sorry 86VickyLX) because I haven't cleaned it up yet...
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

awesome. Been driving it around? How does she run?
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                                put me down as another (somewhat) unsatisfied Thrush Welded owner.

Mine came with spots where they were leaking because of a bad welding job on one of them right at the end of the body of the muffler where its joined with the outlet, same with my buddy, he bought two and one of his leaked from the factory and had to be patched up too. Have the same problem? You get what you pay for. If Pat threw some magnaflows or super 40's on his car, i would love it so much and im sure he would too.
                                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                                X