No announcement yet.

My 1983 Lincoln Mark VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took the car to the show tonight. There were a few people there but it was the last show of the season, so most of the minty rides have gone into storage...Kevin took the old radio out because it doesn't work. I might up-grade to a cd-player next year. No major running issues to report.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I'll have to use some carb/throttle-body cleaner soon. Probably hasn't been cleaned in years...I've only been using premium gas since the new tank was installed. Last night, I drove Mom to church and then over to Wendy's for some grub
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Earlier this week, I applied amber oil under-coating spray around the kick-panels, door-jams and door-bottoms. Today, I applied asphalt under-coating all over the rear bumper mounts. When the welder finished his work last month, he left the metal bare...
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
          Earlier this week, I applied amber oil under-coating spray around the kick-panels, door-jams and door-bottoms. Today, I applied asphalt under-coating all over the rear bumper mounts. When the welder finished his work last month, he left the metal bare...

Good job.

Which one is going to be your winter vessel?
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            Which one is going to be your winter vessel?
            Storage for all I can use Kevin's '99 Tercel, if I need to run errands. Walking to work takes 15 minutes max.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I'll have to use some carb/throttle-body cleaner soon.
              The weather was good yesterday, so I sprayed down the carb and went for a drive down the highway. Also installed a new grommet and clip for the throttle-linkage. Transmission shifts smoother now.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

finally got a hood ornament

I bought it from Jason_GMQ91. Thanks mang! I'm not going to install it just yet because Halloween is coming up...Here's a couple of pics:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0369.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1267950Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0370.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1267951
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

While vacuuming out the trunk, I pulled up the carpet and noticed the trunk floor has rusted out in a couple of spots...That will likely need to be fixed before the next MVI this Fall. The car is still running pretty good. The age of the rear tires is questionable, so new tires will be purchased at some point within the next 2 months. I've spent a lot of $ this month. Planning to "watch the wallet" more during the month of May...
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

more solenoid fail...

Victory Lane solenoids suck! Made in Mexico... I guess you can't expect much for $3 brand new...The part lasted less than a month! Just bought a Standard blue streak solenoid for $22. This part better last much longer! Made in China...
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

blue streak parts have been pretty good to me.

is it the relay mounted on the fender or an actual solenoid on the starter that's going bad?
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Yes, the relay mounted on the fender, near the battery. Electrical gremlins could be possible, considering the age of the wiring...
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

i would have gone motorcraft mang. im hit and miss with blue streak. i have had bad luck with ignition parts.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                            i would have gone motorcraft mang. im hit and miss with blue streak. i have had bad luck with ignition parts.
                            The dealership still carries parts for these cars?
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

you can typically order if not pick up motorcraft brand at the parts stores.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The dealership still carries parts for these cars?
                                there is select parts that you can still get. when i order or need parts, i always call ford, to see if the part(s) is available through them. if not, i try to find the next best thing. things like a starter solenoid, spark plugs and other tune up parts for example, are still avail through ford because, they cross over for many ford vehicles.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X