My 1983 Lincoln Mark VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
    it rained buckets...I'm hoping for nice weather this coming weekend!
    It was raining earlier. Perhaps I'll clean the interior instead...In other news, the wipers seem to work perfectly on the 1st setting.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I repainted the rear bumper strip. Going to take care of the front bumper strip next. Color of choice: universal black. I'm trying to freshen things up a little because I take the box to cruise nights.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I repainted the front bumper strip. Looks much better now!
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

rattle can action

Paint on the roof was in terrible shape...I repainted it universal black to match the bumper strips. Using the pinstripes on the hood for a template, I painted a solid strip with redfire pearl metallic.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

color change

This will be a learning experience for me, as I've never tackled such a job. I've decided to repaint the car...OEM color was moondust metallic gray. New color will be dark shadow gray. I've already painted the header panel, hood and trunk. Front fenders have been primed. Will continue after I buy some more supplies.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

lots of progress

Since the last post, I've painted the fenders and doors. Quarter panels are the last sections left. Need to do a few touch-ups.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

almost done

Quarter panels are done. I'll take care of the touch-ups on the weekend.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

inspection time

MVI is due. Made an appt for Monday. Bought new springs (MOOG 9046) for the front earlier this week. Front shocks were replaced 2 years ago and are still good.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Looking forward to seeing your cars next weekend!
                      Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                      Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
                        Looking forward to seeing your cars next weekend!
                        Bring your camera. I hope that I'll be home. Family has b-day dinner planned for me on Sat or Sun.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

mvi is done

Almost $600 later...I supplied the new coils but the shocks had to be replaced as well. Had the oil-change done too. Labour was 2.5 hours per side for the front suspension. Rate is $70 per hour. Car handles much better now and the sag is gone. Rear suspension passed but I'll probably have it replaced next year.
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

2.5 hours per side? dang. I did a complete bushing job on the front of my 88 (burning the old ones out so I could use energy suspension poly) and removed all the control arms, shocks and springs and replaced them all in 6 hours using jack stands and hand tools and taking frequent breaks. Just how f'n slow are those guys?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

They didn't want to remove all those parts and took longer because of it. Probably OEM bushings and control arms in there but I only have soo much $ to spend at once. Thank God it's pay week!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

If they're working around things, then I can see why it took as long as it did. I got the suspension apart and the new pieces installed (well painted old parts) in 8 hours. Then I broke a brake line and that sidelined me for another week.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X