"blue" injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"blue" injectors

I saw some blue top injectors @ the yard, they are the tall thin ones like an Explorer. I don't recall if they were on the Expedition or the Mark VIII.<br><br>Does anyone know if they are 24 pounders? will they work w/our ecms &amp; rails?<br><br>Thanks

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
    I saw some blue top injectors @ the yard, they are the tall thin ones like an Explorer. I don't recall if they were on the Expedition or the Mark VIII.<br><br>Does anyone know if they are 24 pounders? will they work w/our ecms &amp; rails?<br><br>Thanks
    Blue injectors are 24lbs. Yes they should work with our fuel rails. You may need to use different plugs on injectors, but that's not too hard to change. With the ECMs, that may need some tuning, but if you're running lean like some people (sighs), then it may help.

Comment

The blues have different specs. It would be like replacing the stock inlectors with 19# without changing to a HO ecm. With a tuner such as a Teeecer it could be accomplished. A 93 Cobra ECM could be used with them but it would also mean converting to MAS air meter from the same and some wiring changes. I did run such a set up for a while in my GM. Some of the "pencil" style injectors are a direct fit in our engines not shure when they became diferent. I used some FMS pencile ones.
      Last edited by turbo2256b; 09-07-2011, 09:27 AM.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
        The blues have different specs. It would be like replacing the stock inlectors with 19# without changing to a HO ecm. With a tuner such as a Teeecer it could be accomplished. A 93 Cobra ECM could be used with them but it would also mean converting to MAS air meter from the same and some wiring changes. I did run such a set up for a while in my GM. Some of the "pencil" style injectors are a direct fit in our engines not shure when they became diferent. I used some FMS pencile ones.
        I have a set of pencil type explorer inj's on the '87, if I acquire the 24's they will be used w\aftermarket maf calib'd to 24 lb like on my Capri.I'll double check the cn's & if necessary, grab the inj harness for the plugs.Thanks

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
          I have a set of pencil type explorer inj's on the '87, if I acquire the 24's they will be used w\aftermarket maf calib'd to 24 lb like on my Capri.I'll double check the cn's & if necessary, grab the inj harness for the plugs.Thanks
          I have tried the ofset MAF thing too it dosent work all that well. Screws with a lot of stuff in the ECM, load tables and timing mostly. I know a lot of people do it but its fround upon by the better tuners. Much better to adjust the MAF table and set injector size in the ECM. I wont do an ofset MAF again caused to many issues.

Comment

The ofset MAF will also screw up fuel related apps in the Trip Minder if you have one.

Comment

I think the v8 continentals had plain old 24lbers with the old school connector. That's what I run in mine.

Might be able to just change the plug on the other wiring and not cut anything to make the newer ones work.

Unless you are running a lot of mods 24's aren't needed though. And the different style injectors flow differently...So, depending on what the MAF is offset to it won't run that great... A tuner is a better way that a "calibrated MAF"
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                I think the v8 continentals had plain old 24lbers with the old school connector. That's what I run in mine.
                Thank you Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  Thank you Mike.
                  Have you tried the other style 19's in your car, as mentioned on eectuner?

The 24s were also used in 460 trucks IIRC....
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I've been running a pro M 77 & 24's on the Capri for quite a few years w/no prob....it's best pass was 11.90.
                    The CV CS has the GT40X heads & Exp intake from that combo, it is currently using a stock '88 5.0 LX cam & 19's SD though.
                    I don't know what the tweecr is going for these days but years ago it seemed to be a little much for what I am trying to do here....(& fuggetabout dyno time & custom tunes LOL)

Comment

Working...
                    X