No announcement yet.

Kiss of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heaviest part of the door is the window next the window motor.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I seem to recall you using really thin oil. Did you try anything heavier after the noises started?
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Just a small update. Pulled the #8 spark plug. this was the one that looked like detonation and i replaced with a new plug. It was bent and contacting the electrode. It also had scrapes on it. It appears #8 piston is coming up too high and hitting the spark plug. It should be safe to assume that the piston has contacted one or both valves, possibly damaging the head. So there is probably damage from the crank to the head on #8.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
        Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
        Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
        NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
          I seem to recall you using really thin oil. Did you try anything heavier after the noises started?
          Had been using Rotella.

Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
            Too bad you're in TX. I'd like to have the doors off that car.
            Both doors are rusted at the bottom and the weld has separated from the inner and outer skin. This is one of the reasons i have decided to move on since no after market 2-doors are available and rare to come buy used. Would sell them for $50 each.

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
              What will your replacement toy be??
              My wife has been hinting for awhile for a tri-five chevy. Personally i would like a newer mustang or one of the new challengers. So right now nothing anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
                Heaviest part of the door is the window next the window motor.
                Not to start anything but I own a NOS door and it is still a heavy fucker and I am no small guy either.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I wouldnt let that stop me. It going to happen to mine evetually. I will weld and or make the pieces needed. You should see some of the cars people start with. One dosent find doors for a 55 Pontiac Star Chef let alone fenders rear sections....
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

do you have a pic of the nitrous setup on your motor? many pics would be nice
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                      do you have a pic of the nitrous setup on your motor? many pics would be nice
                      full throttle switch

nitrous plate under carb

solenoids and fuel supply

Comment

Have removed most of the performance parts to sell. All that is left are the heads. Will see if they are damaged. If not, will sell those also. Will part out the rest of the car, and when i get tired of looking at it will take it to scrap.

Comment

Working...
                        X