Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the kid i know passed on the offer. thank god becuase i knew what he wanted to do with the car. he only wanted to buy it just so he can demo derby the car. well i told him i am not selling the car for demo derbying so he passed .

on the other note i have another kid who lives not far from my location this kid is very nice and has been texting me lately about the car. he wants to give me a down payment on it and i said i will accept he is getting a loan out to buy the car. wish me luck guys i got the car nice and cleaned and i will still get it inspected as this nice kid wants me to also get it inspected before serious buying so i said to him thats fine. new cats are on the way.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Poor car.

Shame it has an idiot for an owner!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

still a better idiot than some of the donks down the street from me.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

^^^^ I'm willing to believe that!
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

No need to beat a dead horse as far as opinions of Matt or his business ethics.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I've gotta wonder if you do this shit for a reaction.
              1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
                I've gotta wonder if you do this shit for a reaction.
                The thought had crossed my mind as well
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

George86 and 1990LTD... nope, he's that herpdederp.

Comment

Who pays $1200 for a demolition derby car? ESPECIALLY if they have no car to begin with?

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Reinforces the theory that there is always a "greater fool"!! To be perfectly honest, with the exterior needing a paint job, roof being useless, serious rust situation and all the self made alterations we have been hearing about for months I would not want it for free. It would take more money than it is worth to make it look and run respectably!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

This just keeps getting deeper lol
                        2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                        2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                        1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

Originally posted by moneypit View Post
                          Who pays $1200 for a demolition derby car? ESPECIALLY if they have no car to begin with?

Though I do agree with johnunit that this has descended to the point of idle abuse. Not defending Matt, but repeatedly insulting the vehicle as well is getting a little silly.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'll give props where due... and the JBL install and digital dash are clean. The rest of the car is pretty much crap... but the cluster and tunes are nice. and trunk muncher FTW. Of course with all the mods... I'd figure he'd wanna keep the car... but what do I know.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

From reading the posts and viewing the pictures that car would be a $500 car tops up here, I understand you have a lot of heart into it, but part of that is realizing that only certain things increase value in a car. Stereos, wheels, tires, gauges, and fancy wiring tricks don't really make a car more valuable if it has a rotted frame. Personally in my mind if the frame is gone there is no point in purchasing it. However there is a guy around here who wants 10k for an 88 missing most of the interior and with rust in the deck lid that you could put your fingers through. All I know is I did buy a car with rust, but not any rust on the frame or floor, and it had only 36k on it with a spotless interior. Don't be offended if your car isn't worth what you think it is. I wish you luck in selling it but try to be as honest as possible, if somebody chooses to ignore what you are telling them then that is there fault. Honestly I would keep this thing as a winter beater, and pick up some extra hours at the local grocery store (or wherever you work) to buy a towncar. I work for minimum wage in NH $7.25 an hour and have offorded to pay my own way for half my college (6k a year) and purchase both my car and my truck, I'm busy but it works out. It just comes down to a matter of how bad you want something. If you can get a loan or a parent to cosign, my payments are $25 a week through my credit union so I doubt you could get them much more than that on only a 1k dollar loan considering I paid 5k for my truck.
                              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I stop visiting the forums regularly for a month and this is what I miss? Thank you for making my day better.
                                Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                                New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
                                X