X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at this whole thread...

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
    with the exterior needing a paint job, roof being useless, serious rust situation and all the self made alterations we have been hearing about for months I would not want it for free. It would take more money than it is worth to make it look and run respectably!

I have to agree with this man. No one in there right mind is gonna buy that for the asking price, maybe for scrap price (notice I said "right mind"). That frame "repair" looks to be pure shit, and done by someone who had no clue what they where doing. You'd be a fool to even drive the car in that condition.

I've bought quite a few really nice, rust free, running boxes in the $50 - $400 range around here, with not a spot of rust on the underbody or inside that PS bulkhead. It's not hard to find one at all, there are still plenty of them out there here in the south.

On the plus side, scrap price is quite high right now though.

Comment

No comments on this thread.

But if anyone here is looking for a truly clean and solid two door, PM me.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I cant find 2 doors....
        800 dollar car, msd coil, k&N filter, true duel exhaust, 25 mpg

Comment

well for shits and giggles i took to get the car inspected in its current state. it failed for fuel cap integrity, no cats and the frame rot. So now i will drop the price to $600.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

You're almost at scrap price. If you were in Illinois I would have considered it for scrap price and rebuilt the bulkhead, and tagged it. No emissions/safety inspection here.
            1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Really, if you accept the need for a repaint, and have the skills to re-build the frame, this isn't a bad car to buy. IF you have the skills and tools, the frame repair is a one day job at the most. The basic car has intrinsic value in that it's the a tudor in a desirable colour. How those two balance out... I'm not sure.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                Really, if you accept the need for a repaint, and have the skills to re-build the frame, this isn't a bad car to buy. IF you have the skills and tools, the frame repair is a one day job at the most. The basic car has intrinsic value in that it's the a tudor in a desirable colour. How those two balance out... I'm not sure.
                im not going any lower than $600 cause scrap price up here is $400. the price is $600 FIRM.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I understand, I could have the frame done (the right way) on a saturday date with me and the welder at the shop I work at. I would just give the paint a cut/polish/wax and most likely re-sell.

Too bad its in Penn.

George
                  1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

if it doesn't sell... take off the goodies (JBL, trunk muncher, one-touch mod, digital cluster and needed parts for that to work, etc), sell the goodies and scrap the car. You might be able to sell the doors as well since they're not in real bad shape (at least the metal). Even without the doors, it'll command some decent scrap monies and I'm sure you could sell the goodies for the difference easy. I know I'd like to have that cluster. It does look real clean in that dash. You may not be able to get the money you want out of selling the car whole, but parting it might work well for ya.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i was thinking of that but have to talk to my father cuase the car is under his name.

i know the digi cluster alone if part the car will be $100 that includes the bulbs and the fuel sender.

Comment

why don't you just get the frame welded, put some cats on, fuel cap and enjoy the car instead of selling it?
                        2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                        2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                        1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

Originally posted by Andypot1985 View Post
                          why don't you just get the frame welded, put some cats on, fuel cap and enjoy the car instead of selling it?
                          +1
                          Although since you're in PA why not head to Harrys and just get a decent frame that's not rusted out? It's quite a projects but IMO it's better then and attempt to repair a frame that is so far gone

sigpic

Comment

I would bet the answer is... CFI

but then my answer to that would be spreadbore :p

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                              I would bet the answer is... CFI

but then my answer to that would be spreadbore :p
                              your answer would be correct if the car was sefi i would be keeping it but since its eec iii cfi it gotta go.

Comment

well kid back out. oh well. and my parents wont let me part the fucker out. so somebody just buy this for $600 and get it out of my driveway.

Comment

Working...
                                X