Opinion on GT40P head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on GT40P head

Removed the drivers side cylinder head a little while ago. #8 piston is beat up pretty good and missing a piece big enough to expose the top piston ring. Piston ring is still intact, but the piston has pieces embedded in it. I would like to sale the GT40P heads, but dont know if the head would be considered ok to use. The combustion chamber looks good except for some small scratches on the intake valve and the push rods were okay also. It doesnt look bent or damaged in any other way. My main concern is that it looks like some pieces of the piston hit the head and put some dents and scrapes outside of the combustion chamber. Do you think this head is safe to use, because i want to sell them.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Shouldbe fine mang.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Comment

Drop the valves out and see if any chunks got between the valves and seats and beat up the seat. Can you measure the depth of the dings? I wouldn't sweat the CC personally, that can be blended, but what about the quench area? That'd be my biggest concern for reusability as those dings can create hot spots which lead to preignition. My only spare head for my auto-x/HPDE car is like this, someday I'll check it but I do fear the worst.
      1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

got any pictures of the heads and #8 combustion chamber? I would agree with pulling the valves and make sure chamber is good.
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
        X