03 mgm starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 mgm starting problems

around april of this year I went to start my car after it had sit for the weekend. When I turned the key it tried to start but stumbled and then cut off. After that it wouldnt start at all. It would just spin and spin almost as though the timming belt had broke. but being that it has a timing chain I was pretty sure that wasnt the problem. So I drove my gas hog truck to work and when I got home later that day I tried again. after several tries and a long cranking it finally started up. It smoked a little then cleared up and has run fine since untill last monday morning. I tried to start it up and it stumbled but I was able to keep it going by feathering the gas pedal. But it was idling really rough. Once it cleared out it's been running fine since. And No codes or check engine lights or anything has come on. Is There something I could do to find out what is causing this problem before it leaves me stranded.

Thanks for the help,
    Troy

Fuel filter to start. And spark plugs.
    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
    1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Air filter. Run some injector cleaner through the next time you fill up.
      Yup.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

thanks yall

Comment

Working...
        X