my 1986 Grand Marquis ... Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 1986 Grand Marquis ... Rose

took some pics... hope you all like... havent taken any for a while... this is my car i got in February... she is a 1986 Grand Marquis now with 210k miles and runs great... got her off craigslist for $500 in Missouri in Kansas City area... got a few ideas i wanna do
    Attached Files
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Very nice! 1986 panthers are the best!

Comment

Never seen an 86 in that color. It looks similar to the later "woodrose" color, but lighter.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Good looking car mang!

Comment

very nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

thanks for comments everybody... i need to buff out the rear of the car to make it shine... from front doors forward have been redone at sometime and cleared... at some point i would like to get a black vinyl top for instead of whats there i think...

Comment

Nice! I would paint all of your MGM's the same color. I would leave one bone stock. The other would be the DD. The third one would be the evil one. Some sort of 351W car or something like that. That way you keep the people guessing what you're driving at any given time.

Packman

Comment

well... i am bout to put my car down for maintenance as soon as i get Angie's 1987 Crown Vic up and going... i will be doing tune-up, trans filter, rear diff oil change (again), rear sway bar, and wanna pull dash pad out to fix cracks and fiberglass the thing to smooth it out... Rose has been great car for her age and has never let us down when other cars have! hope to keep her going for many more miles down the road... lately i only did the coon eyes to her so that there wasnt as much chrome on front and give her a sportier look... i will need to get pictures up when i get chance

Comment

well, rose is still running and now has close to 247,xxx miles on her... she is still running great, and had different things fixed along the way... all of her windows now work in her, she has newer wheels and in process of fixing and resurfacing her dash with fiberglass that has couple tray areas to keep stuff from sliding all over . well, thought i would give a slight update as to what has been goin on lately

Comment

I like your '86 Grand Marquis. I have one as well, and it looks almost the same, as it has the EXCELLENT coach roof. Mine is Dark blue, however.

This is down to preference, but I removed the front tag holder on mine, it helps to improve the lines in the front. I also removed the hood ornament, antenna, and trunk key-hole / bezel. Oh, and all the logos etc with the exception of "Mercury" on the front grill.

Well done on your purchase, it's a STEAL for such an amazing, luxurious car as the '86 Grand Marquis.
                    Last edited by Mercury Rising; 01-30-2013, 01:19 AM.
                    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 5.0

Comment

If you were closer, I would offer you the red dashpad that I am throwing out this Friday. It has been recoved and has a tear right in the center. The shipping would outrageous though due to the length.

Comment

I'll give you a sweet deal on my 88 Lincoln, would need to be trailered to Omaha due to not shifting past 2nd gear but besides that it's 100% rust free and no cracks in the vinyl top.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

That sounds awesome with the dash and all! I just replaced my dash cover with one from an '88 Colony Park. I got lucky with that as it has one crack on the driver's side where you can't see it and also by one of the speakers.

Packman

Comment

Cant get rid of front tag holder since required in Nebraska . Kinda hunting dpwn a 79 style grille & tail lights so my old slotted bumper looks right that i wanna put on & have . Been wantin a townie, but need sumthin to drive while my Rose is down for work

Comment

well... i still have Rose... Angie now has her 1986 Town Car... havent gotten much done on Rose due to financial reasons, but have been maintaining her ... i have been thinking recently i wanna repaint her in satin black after i fix a few rust issues with her... her main rust is passenger rear quarter panel behind the tire ... it started under the chrome trim piece and has even corroded thru that... gonna be ripping off the panels that lay on the body and hit lower section of her with undercoating stuff and paint lower black... when i get her done in black, i though about lower body being tan... can say she has a mid and attitude of her own... she dont like going slow... by the way, i put a few new pics of her in an album on my profile also... she has newer 16 inch wheels now... have to find a pic i took of her pulling a cadillac on its top also and load up still

Comment

Working...
                              X