No announcement yet.

My 88 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I end up doing it, I'll go all out rat rod on it and paint it flat black, go with my wheels and tires I think. I'd like to go 215/65 up front and 235/60 in back, Cooper Cobra Radial GT tires since they're the same tread as MT Sportsman S/T but cheaper. I'll put either winter tires on the lacy spoke turbines in stock size, or all-season tires that do well in snow. If Cooper Trendsetter SE's do well in snow, I'd run them since I'd like to keep the whitestripes on the stock wheels but if not I can find others.

Still need to get another batter hold-down, broke the stock plastic one and have been driving it without it. So far no problems, can't turn or accelerate fast enough to move that heavy battery but I'd still feel better if I had one.

Also need to charge the a/c, it worked before I parked it so it must leak. If it leaks quickly, I'll have to find where it leaks and see if I can cheaply fix it. If not, the a/c and smog belt is going bye-bye. I'd really rather have a/c than the tiny bit of power taking the belt off will make, especially if I have to drive my kids around in it.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

You could always hire zoomie to slicktop your car :smirk:
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I did like the way his looked, I'd probably have to repaint because I doubt it's in good condition under there, and I like flat black. I'm not interested in this car looking like grandma and grandpa own this car and only drive it to church on sundays. It'll never be fast, but it'll look cool.

Comment

i haven't had a battery hold down in my car the entire time I've owned it. Done a lot of stupid driving, and it still hasn't moved.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Found a few pics of my car on my computer. Old pictures still, but more recent that what I have. I really need to get more current ones once I clean it up, and an exhaust video of my super sweet setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2659.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1278141Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2660.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1278142Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2661.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1278143Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2662.jpg
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1278144Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2663.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1278145

Comment

Well, the car is up for sale now, as a parts car. My wife was driving and someone in front of her slammed their brakes (she thinks because of someone merging on the highway in front of them too slow), so she hit the brakes and they locked up, she wasn't going to stop in time to she swerved to the left and hit the concrete barrier. It's still drive-able but it knocked a hole in the radiator so it won't hold fluid for more than a couple minutes. As you can see it knocked all the front body panels out of alignment, driver side headlights are pushed back, and it bent the very front of the frame slightly. It wouldn't take all that much to fix it up, but I know nothing about bodywork and I don't have the time or money to fix it. I'm just going to try to sell it as a whole parts car, or remove the engine and transmission to sell and scrap the rest. I hate to do it, but it's the only way to get anything out of it, I can't rebuild it myself. We only had liability insurance on it, so we can't get any insurance money, no one else at fault. Luckily my wife is ok, just sore from the hit.

Anyways, here's pictures. I can link this to a for-sale ad, or someone can reply here or PM me if interested in some part of it.

Comment

Now that's just horrible luck. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt, and I hope your wife recovers fully.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

'79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

bloody hell. that sucks. and not in a good way.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sucks but as long as the wifey is ok, that is the important thing. Still sucks, though.

Comment

Another nice box bites the dust. That makes me a saaaad panda.

What color is the interior?
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The only interior shot of it I have:

Comment

If someone doesn't buy it as a whole car, it'll have to be parted out. If anyone wants the wheels for instance, you'll have to let me know so I can pull them before it gets sent to the junkyard.

Comment

I would want those wheels actually. Having a hell of a time finding hubcaps that don't fly off my winter steelies. I was hoping you'd have tan interior, damn. Dashpad looks minty.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I'll sell the whole thing for $1500. It still drives, could be fixed. Probably better off taking the new transmission out and reusing it, the engine is fine too, low mileage so it could be a great short block if someone wanted to build it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X