what fits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what fits?

I'm gonna wait until spring after all the snow to put duals on my Town Car so the new parts don't imediately get rusty, but I figure for now I can get junkyard duals and throw them on for the winter. So my question is what years will fits box Panthers? Do aero and whale tailpipes fit boxes, or the H-pipes? I realize nothing but Town Car H-pipes will fit but if any stock H-pipe and tailpipes will physically fit, I can have a shop extend them to fit, as long as they don't hit anything, then it wouldn't be worth it at all.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Why spend the time and money on stock duals only to take them down a few months down the line? Be a man and stick it out until Spring. :p

BTW, what are your plans for the TC anyways?

Packman

Comment

Because I can't stand having a V8 under the hood and absolutely no sound come out of the tailpipe. If the pieces are gonna cost too much i'll wait anyways but I just want something to get me through the winter months.

As far as plans for it, just keeping it stock for a long time besides getting rid of the awful stock single exhaust. I probably won't do anything big to it, I would like a towing/4x4 351 cam put in for torque and get a limo axle for the 3.55 trac loc diff and the 11" brakes but not much beyond that. I like how it is stock, it rides smooth and I don't need a lot of power, I prefer slow cruising, it's more enjoyable and it saves on gas. I just want a little sound and some more off the line grunt, then I can really enjoy it. I'll probably buy the sway bars and frame bracing and all that so it's not so scary in the turns but for the most part, I like it the way it is. I'm looking for a 70-71 Chevelle to build into a hotrod, the Lincoln can be the cruiser.

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If you just want a bit of rumble, take a hacksaw to either side of the muffler and clamp a length of appropriately sized pipe/electrical conduit/actual exhaust pipe in place and you'll be good through winter.

Comment

Yeah I was looking at it today and decided to just leave it. I could unbolt the muffler and run a flex pipe from the mid pipe to the tailpipe but i'd rather just wait until spring. I figure I can buy the Walker parts now, get some high temp header paint and paint them this winter so they'll be more protected from rust. I realize the cheap Walker parts are gonna rust out eventually not being stainless, but if I paint them that'll help them last a lot longer.

Actually the exhaust on my Sierra is aluminized steel from a shop, it's been on there almost 4 years and still looks great, it's all a matter of keeping the underside clean.

Comment

Working...
            X