No announcement yet.

351 windsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what's depressing? The new Chevy Caprice V6 engine is rated at 302 horsepower.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

at what level of rev the nuts off of it will it reach that number I wonder?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Who cares? :3gears:
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

if it's only got 150 ft lbs of torque... it'll feel like a v-twin in a panther until you get up around 6K... so I dunno... who cares?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I would just build up a roller 351w and leave that one a driver till new engine is done, if you want temporary low buck power use the GT40P heads for long term power solution I would use the AFR 185's http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AFR-1388

I wouldn't mind building something like this though, "Clevor" Windsor 341w block with Cleveland heads...
            http://www.docstoc.com/docs/24632119...-ENGINE-BUILDS those are screamers for sure.
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
            X