brand new Mustang tails and mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brand new Mustang tails and mufflers

I have a set of mandrel bent Dynomax tailpipes I bought for my old 87 Mustang LX when I had it, but I sold the car before they got put on and the guy who bought it didn't want them since he liked the side exits. They're 2.5" aluminized steel, and since they're for an LX they exit straight out, not turned down like GT tails. Since they don't fit a Panther i'm trying to get them sold, no one of craigslist has bit and i've posted them on a Mustang forum or two and no calls or emails yet. They're brand new, still have the shrink wrap on them, I just want the money back for them and I want them to be used.

Also you may have a use for these, I bought a set of 2.5" in/out, offset/offset Hooker Aerochamber mufflers. I bought them to go with the tailpipes since they would have gone with the tails and BBK H-pipe perfectly. These are great mufflers, they sound like Flowmaster 40's but a little deeper and they flow much better since they're straight through. They're still in the wrapping and in the boxes.

I'd like $50 each for the tailpipes and $70 each for the mufflers, since that's what they cost me on Summit. I just want them to go to use. I don't require you buy all of it, if you want just the tails or the mufflers that's fine, but the tails and mufflers can't be split, so no buying one tail, one muffler or a tail and muffler.

Here's some pics of them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1298440Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1298441Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1298442Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1298443Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1298444Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1298445
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

mufflers will fit, tails not even close......sell the tails on craigslist and get a pr of dynomax tails for a 94-96 impala ss....about 85 shipped for the pair

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I would keep the mufflers but they're 2.5" in/out, way too much for a stock 5.0 and even if I were to put the Mustang parts on my car, i'd still stay 2.25" to keep torque down low. Those mufflers would be great on a Mustang that has headers like mine had, but they're too much for a big heavy car IMO.

I just don't plan on buying a fox Mustang again, i'd rather save for a newer one or an older classic car, so I have no use for them and i'd like someone to use them.

Comment

2.5" past the h pipe is fine........use stock shorty headers for backpressure on the lopo.......yucatechs lopo wagon has 2.5" exhaust and it runs like a raped ape

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I'll think about it. I'd rather just sell them and have the money for it now. Come spring time i'm getting a stock H-pipe and tailpipes and running no mufflers, hoping that'll be a nice improvement on the stock engine.

Comment

Fyi still up for sale, i'll take $200 for the tails and mufflers, since they're brand new. I would love to see someone put these to use.

Comment

Working...
            X