4.6 PI Motor Swap With OBD-I Setup 1992-2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    I really wish I had some of that non-adhesive tape that Ford uses on their harness assemblies.
    I wonder if you could buy that from Ford?

Comment

I've found it online, but that doesn't help me right now here today. The only thing its really used for is a wrap over the split loom, so I may just build the harness, order the tape, and wrap it next week.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

How much does it go for?

Comment

I'd be fine with just the loom... just so ya know.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

well without the over-wrap, the sections of loom will not stay together neatly.

Harness is done, except for looming and such. Don't have the materials here right now, so the looming will have to wait. TPS and crank sensor plugs were changed to 2003 types. I did the COP wiring by partially re-pinning the connector so as to minimize the splices. Its got 4 splices now instead of 8.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

just gimme a cheat sheet to help keep track of the mods in case I do ever sell this car or need to work on it later (probably the latter).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Is it soup yet?

Comment

needs plumbing and loom.

Comment

Hurry up and finish so I can do mine. Gosh.
                    lolz.

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                      just gimme a cheat sheet to help keep track of the mods in case I do ever sell this car or need to work on it later (probably the latter).
                      COP wiring is actually per that article you linked, but instead of splicing the colored wires to existing stuff coming out of the fat square plug, I pulled the entire length of wire out of the plug and replaced it. The originals were tan with different color stripes, not the colors listed. Pretty sure the wires out of the 03 harness match what was posted though. I've got scribbly notes that I'll translate to something coherant to other people next I have that notebook in my hands. Its at Scott's. Basically instead of 8 splices, its got 4. Two are on the driver's side, roughly about the #7 plug, the other two are approximately center behind the engine. Splice for the 03 crank trigger is down near the crank trigger, splice for the 03 TPS is also roughly center behind the motor. ECT wiring is extended, 2 splices in that one, one in the loom near the #6 plug, and another about 4" from the ECT connector. IAC splice is in the pair of wires feeding it. IAC, TPS COP and crank sensors are 2003 parts, everything else is 1993.

There are 2 unused sensors that have no connections, though if you're into that stealth thing I can whack the connectors out of the 03 harness and tape them into the 93 harness so it looks like they do something. One is the knock sensor, the other is the cylinder head temperature sensor down there on the left bank cyl head.

Comment

nah... leave them hanging "neatly". If I ever do the horrible bastard change over (OBDII) I'll need them still there. Probably not, but it is possible that I'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                          nah... leave them hanging "neatly". If I ever do the horrible bastard change over (OBDII) I'll need them still there. Probably not, but it is possible that I'll do it.
                          OOH. OBD-II swap.

Comment

eeewwww OBD2 swap.

Comment

waiting on hoses, dont trust the 93 originals

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                eeewwww OBD2 swap.
                                yeah... possibility is remote... but it might happen... much further down the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X