Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what IS the best minimum-mod drop-in engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try the header install with a big block!!!

Found the only headers that might fit is from Ford Power Applications for a late 60s Galaxie. Might have to play a little with the evap. box to get a good clearance since I will also be installing the rest of the a/c over the winter also. I know it will be a PIA but everything else has been so far. Might have to notch the cross member slightly from the looks of things.

Have to wait for a while though because FPA won't have them done untill the beginning of Febuary.
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      EFI swap?
      1987cp? newER technology?
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
        Try the header install with a big block!!!

Found the only headers that might fit is from Ford Power Applications for a late 60s Galaxie. Might have to play a little with the evap. box to get a good clearance since I will also be installing the rest of the a/c over the winter also. I know it will be a PIA but everything else has been so far. Might have to notch the cross member slightly from the looks of things.

Have to wait for a while though because FPA won't have them done untill the beginning of Febuary.
        nice! Headers will be a good finishing touch (not that you're ever 'finished' with a car like that :smirk.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
          1987cp? newER technology?

Actually, I do like the idea of getting 300hp AND 25ish MPG, all with factory stock parts .... and 300hp out of an old-tech engine and being efficient too does seem to cost a bit of money anyway ....
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
          X