Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Universal Body mount adaptor washers specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal Body mount adaptor washers specs?

I got two boxes that need new body mounts and I was thinking of trying to make the washers myself to save a few bucks I need the specs for those neato washers that make everything possible...or perhaps buying a couple washers or something?
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

don't have the numbers, but I can tell you how to get them. Measure the step on the ES bushing where it would go through the hole. Measure the actual hole. Thats your ID and OD of the washer, with a few thou allowed for fitment. These would be vastly easier to make with a lathe, but i guess you could do it by hand with a die grinder for the inside, and a bench grinder or whatever for the outside rough diameters, then file fit to make it exact. Scott had some made by a machine shop, dont know if he's got more or not.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gadget- i just wanted to confirm. is the piece you're measuring the one i have in my hand in this picture? As there is an inner sleeve the bolt sits in as well.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5441.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1287412Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5440.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	1287413
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

There's a guy on another forum that used this place for washers:

http://www.phoenixspecialty.com/products/washers

Here's link to the original thread:

https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/...Number=3611954

88 Country Squire
        86 Colony Park, non-op'd
        89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

Didn't JeffBoudah offer these for sale recently?

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ushing-spacers

Comment

OO thanks guys. bgreywolf- I'm glad you posted that! I sent him a message, hopefully he still has a set to sell.
            Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 09-13-2020, 09:20 AM.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

ID number is the size of that step on the poly piece

OD number is the size of the hole in the frame

or you ask Jeff to make you some since he's made some for hisself and probably knows those numbers already.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X