PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Universal Body mount adaptor washers specs?

WARNING DON'T DERP AND DRIVE!

Question Universal Body mount adaptor washers specs?

I got two boxes that need new body mounts and I was thinking of trying to make the washers myself to save a few bucks I need the specs for those neato washers that make everything possible...or perhaps buying a couple washers or something?

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

don't have the numbers, but I can tell you how to get them. Measure the step on the ES bushing where it would go through the hole. Measure the actual hole. Thats your ID and OD of the washer, with a few thou allowed for fitment. These would be vastly easier to make with a lathe, but i guess you could do it by hand with a die grinder for the inside, and a bench grinder or whatever for the outside rough diameters, then file fit to make it exact. Scott had some made by a machine shop, dont know if he's got more or not.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Gadget- i just wanted to confirm. is the piece you're measuring the one i have in my hand in this picture? As there is an inner sleeve the bolt sits in as well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5441.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	54851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5440.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	54852
    -Phil

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, Edelbrock 1906 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, Baumann Shift kit.

There's a guy on another forum that used this place for washers:

http://www.phoenixspecialty.com/products/washers

Here's link to the original thread:

https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/...Number=3611954

88 Country Squire
    86 Colony Park, non-op'd
    89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Didn't JeffBoudah offer these for sale recently?

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ushing-spacers

OO thanks guys. bgreywolf- I'm glad you posted that! I sent him a message, hopefully he still has a set to sell.
    Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 09-13-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    -Phil

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, Edelbrock 1906 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, Baumann Shift kit.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

ID number is the size of that step on the poly piece

OD number is the size of the hole in the frame

or you ask Jeff to make you some since he's made some for hisself and probably knows those numbers already.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers