Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 GM with 1989 HO youtube clip.. It seems to run fine without ECM swap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHGcc5tQNc4
    90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
    90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
    91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
    70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

ah... driving in Houston... how fun. Sounds rather loud, but sounds like it's running pretty good.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks Slymer. Yes hot as hell Houston it is. Yeah its way too loud. Will have to put tail pipes on. Currently the glass packs dump out and down before the rear axle. The reason I am saying the speeds is ....My odometer is off. When I am doing 45 I am keeping up with traffic going 60-65. When I say 60 I am probably going 70-75 MPH.

I still am having a transmission issue. There is no 1-2 shift. It goes 1-3 at 35 plus 10mph and 3-4 at 45 plus 10mph. It is at the trans shop. Yesterday they adjusted the TV cable and changed the fluid and serviced the trans. They said there were no metal in the fluid. Said that maybe the governor had issues (like sticking) from the car not driving for the 3 weeks it took to replace the engine. I trust their judgement better than the garage that did the motor work. The trans shop rebuilt the trans 2 1/2 years ago with a mild shift kit and a rebuilt TQ verter for $560.00. Everyone else wanted $1800-2200.00 The trans shop has about 10 lifts and does a lot of fleet vehicle work. I trust they can do it all.

What needs to be done to switch to the Mustang governor?
      I hope to rebuild by the Spring with the WR gear kit.
      What other parts should I have them do in the trans rebuild?
      I want a trans that will hold up to DRIVING LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL with a 3.55L gears.
      What stall speed should we go with with the WR gear set and the 3.55?

Thanks again,
      Mike
      90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
      90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
      91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
      70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

seems to be. firing orders are not completely dissimilar.

1 5 4 2 6 3 7 8

1 3 7 2 6 5 4 8

half of the cylinders will be running just fine.

your trans issue has me stumped though...maybe the pressure is maxed out and it won't let you grab OD because it thinks you're at WOT? I know you said the pressure was adjusted for you at the shop but I've learned not to trust any work that I didn't do myself or watch being done. skipping from 1-3 isn't something that these guys can do
        Last edited by 1990LTD; 10-12-2011, 04:19 PM.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
        X