Looking for quitest performance muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Packman thats pretty much the setup i'll have. catted mustang H-pipe. Do you have headers? that makes a huge difference. Instead of tailpipe glasspacks I have resonators. I can let you know how it does after i get them on this thurs/fri
    Yes, I had the BBK Shorty and Mustang cat'd H-pipe set up. If like Kishy; you're not driving it in the winter with salt and such, your setup should work for a while. A few months before I parked my CV, the cats rotted off the H-pipe. Could be something to look out for. Otherwise, those Dynomax muffs were great on the lopo.

Comment

If I didn't install cutouts, my Mom would have hated the CV though

Comment

Just thought I’d update this. Took the resonators off a while ago. Exhaust is slightly louder but still nice and quiet cruising. It’s also deeper and throatier sounding. The exhaust is perfect for me currently.

Thain- if you want the resonators to try out you’re welcome to them
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Might take you up on that. Should be easier to swap those on vs changing the mufflers. I dislike exhaust work and the less of it I have to do the happier I am.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            Just thought I’d update this. Took the resonators off a while ago. Exhaust is slightly louder but still nice and quiet cruising. It’s also deeper and throatier sounding. The exhaust is perfect for me currently.

Thain- if you want the resonators to try out you’re welcome to them
            Good to know what to expect; I just want something that's not annoying; even if it's just a weekend cruiser.

Comment

Working...
            X